- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ceramics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 526434, 8 pages
Preparation and Characterization of Nano-Cadmium Ferrite
1Reactor Physics Department, Nuclear Research Center, Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority, P.O. Box 13759, Cairo, Egypt
2Nuclear Chemistry Department, Hot Laboratories Center, Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority, P.O. Box 13759, Cairo, Egypt
Received 2 October 2012; Revised 21 December 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Young-Wook Kim
Copyright © 2013 S. M. Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. L. N. Murthy, I. V. K. Viswanath, T. K. Rao, and R. Singh, “Synthesis and characterization of nickel copper ferrite,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 1308–1311, 2009.
- S. Maensiri, C. Masingboon, B. Boonchom, and S. Seraphin, “A simple route to synthesize nickel ferrite (NiFe2O4) nanoparticles using egg white,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 797–800, 2007.
- S. A. Corr, Y. P. Rakovich, and Y. K. Gun'Ko, “Multifunctional magnetic-fluorescent nanocomposites for biomedical applications,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 87–104, 2008.
- P. B. C. Rao and S. P. Setty, “Electrical properties of Ni-Zn nano ferrite particles,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 3351–3354, 2010.
- R. Iyer, R. Desai, and R. V. Upadhyay, “Low temperature synthesis of nanosized Fe2O4 ferrites,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 180–185, 2009.
- S. P. Gubin, Y. A. Koksharov, G. B. Khomutov, and G. Y. Yurkov, “Magnetic nanoparticles: preparation, structure and properties,” Russian Chemical Reviews, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 489–520, 2005.
- P. K. Nayak, “Synthesis and characterization of cadmium ferrite,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 24–26, 2008.
- R. Desai, R. V. Mehta, R. V. Upadhyay, A. Gupta, A. Praneet, and K. V. Rao, “Bulk magnetic properties of CdFe2O4 in nano-regime,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 197–203, 2007.
- Y. Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. S. Rao, and B. V. R. Chowdari, “Li-storage and cycling properties of spinel, CdFe2O4, as an anode for lithium ion batteries,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 295–304, 2009.
- D. Caruntu, Nanocrystalline transition metal ferrites: synthesis, characterization and functionalization [Ph.D. thesis], University of New Orleans, 2006.
- M. Cernea, “Sol-gel synthesis and characterization of BaTiO3 powder,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 3015–3022, 2005.
- M. A. Willard, L. K. Kurihara, E. E. Carpenter, S. Calvin, and V. G. Harris, “Chemically prepared magnetic nanoparticles,” International Materials Reviews, vol. 49, no. 3-4, pp. 125–170, 2004.
- C. Sanchez, J. Livage, M. Henry, and F. Babonneau, “Chemical modification of alkoxide precursors,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 100, no. 1–3, pp. 65–76, 1988.
- S. S. Ata-Allah, M. K. Fayek, H. S. Refai, and M. F. Mostafa, “Mossbauer effect study of copper containing nickel-aluminate ferrite,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 434–442, 2000.
- K. Thornton, J. Ågren, and P. W. Voorhees, “Modelling the evolution of phase boundaries in solids at the meso- and nano-scales,” Acta Materialia, vol. 51, no. 19, pp. 5675–5710, 2003.
- P. Mathur, A. Thakur, and M. Singh, “Synthesis and characterization of Mn0.4Zn0.6Al0.1Fe1.9O4 nano-ferrite for high frequency applications,” Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2008.
- S. Sacanna, L. Rossi, and D. J. Pine, “Magnetic click colloidal assembly,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 134, no. 14, pp. 6112–6115, 2012.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1978.
- M. A. Gabal, A. A. El-Bellihi, and S. S. Ata-Allah, “Effect of calcination temperature on Co(II) oxalate dihydrate-iron(II) oxalate dihydrate mixture: DTA-TG, XRD, Mössbauer, FT-IR and SEM studies (part II),” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 84–92, 2003.
- S. W. Boland, S. C. Pillai, W.-D. Yang, and S. M. Haile, “Preparation of (Pb, Ba) TiO3 powders and highly oriented thin films by a sol-gel process,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1492–1498, 2004.
- R. W. Schwartz, J. A. Voigt, B. A. Tuttle, D. A. Payne, T. L. Reichert, and R. S. DaSalla, “Comments on the effects of solution precursor characteristics and thermal processing conditions on the crystallization behavior of sol-gel derived lead zirconate titanate thin films,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 444–456, 1997.
- S. A. Khorrami, G. Mahmoudzadeh, S. S. Madani, and F. Gharib, “Effect of calcination temperature on the particle sizes of zinc ferrite prepared by a combination of sol-gel auto combustion and ultrasonic irradiation techniques,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 504–508, 2011.
- M. A. Ahmed, N. Okasha, and S. I. El-Dek, “Preparation and characterization of nanometric Mn ferrite via different methods,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 6, Article ID 065603, 6 pages, 2008.
- J. Plocek, A. Hutlová, D. Nižňanský, J. Buršík, J.-L. Rehspringer, and Z. Mička, “Preparation of ZnFe2O4/SiO2 and CdFe2O4/SiO2 nanocomposites by sol-gel method,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 70–76, 2003.
- A. Lančok, P. Bezdička, M. Klementová, K. Závěta, and C. Savii, “Fe2O3/SiO2 hybrid nanocomposites studied mainly by Mössbauer spectroscopy,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 577–581, 2008.
- X. J. Liu, Y. M. Fang, C. P. Wang, Y. Q. Ma, and D. L. Peng, “Effect of external magnetic field on thermodynamic properties and phase transitions in Fe-based alloys,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 459, no. 1-2, pp. 169–173, 2008.
- Y. Zhang, C. He, X. Zhao, L. Zuo, C. Esling, and J. He, “New microstructural features occurring during transformation from austenite to ferrite under the kinetic influence of magnetic field in a medium carbon steel,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 284, no. 1–3, pp. 287–293, 2004.