- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 298205, 6 pages
Structural and Surface Characterization of Newly Synthesized D-π-D Type Schiff Base Ligand: (1E,2E)-3-[4-(Dimethylamino)phenyl]prop-2-en-1-ylidene)phenylamine
Department of Chemistry, Yildiz Technical University, Davutpasa Campus, Esenler, 34220 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Antonio J. Melendez-Martinez
Copyright © 2013 Gulsah Gumrukcu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. T. Tidwell and H. U. Schiff, “Schiff bases, and a century of β-lactam synthesis,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1016–1020, 2008.
- G. K. Karaoglan, N. A. Kiymaz, I. Erden, and A. Peksel, “Antioxidative properties of recently synthesised D-II-D type Schiff-base ligands,” Journal of Chemical Research, no. 6, pp. 340–343, 2010.
- M. B. Roy, S. Samanta, G. Chattopadhyay, and S. Ghosh, “Exciplex emission and photoinduced energy transfer as a function of cavity dimension in naphthalene-linked aza-crown ethers,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 141–152, 2004.
- W. J. Finkenzeller, T. Hofbeck, M. E. Thompson, and H. Yersin, “Triplet state properties of the OLED emitter Ir(btp)2(acac): characterization by site-selective spectroscopy and application of high magnetic fields,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 5076–5083, 2007.
- N. A. Negm and M. F. Zaki, “Structural and biological behaviors of some nonionic Schiff-base amphiphiles and their Cu(II) and Fe(III) metal complexes,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 179–183, 2008.
- A. E. Taggi, A. M. Hafez, H. Wack, B. Young, D. Ferraris, and T. Lectka, “The development of the first catalyzed reaction of ketenes and imines: catalytic, asymmetric synthesis of β-lactams,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 23, pp. 6626–6635, 2002.
- G. K. Karaoglan and D. Sakar, “Surface characterization of a novel D-π-D type ligand by IGC at infinite dilution,” Chromatographia, vol. 73, no. 1-2, pp. 93–98, 2011.
- P. K. Sasmal, A. K. Patra, and A. R. Chakravarty, “Synthesis, structure, DNA binding and DNA cleavage activity of oxovanadium(IV) N-salicylidene-S-methyldithiocarbazate complexes of phenanthroline bases,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 1463–1472, 2008.
- H. Keypour, R. Azadbakht, S. Salehzadeh, H. Khanmohammadi, H. Khavasi, and H. Adams, “Synthesis, crystal structure and spectroscopic properties of some cadmium(II) complexes with three polyamine and corresponding macroacyclic Schiff base ligands,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 693, no. 13, pp. 2237–2243, 2008.
- Q.-L. Zhang, B.-X. Zhu, L. F. Lindoy, and G. Wei, “Dinuclear nickel(II) complex of a N2O3-donor Schiff base derived from acetylacetone and 1,3-diamino-2-hydroxypropane,” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 678–680, 2008.
- N. E. Borisova, M. D. Reshetova, T. V. Magdesieva et al., “Influence of ligands' peripheral substituents on the structure, magnetochemical and electrochemical behaviour of complexes containing a Cu2O2 butterfly core,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 361, no. 7, pp. 2032–2044, 2008.
- S. Sreedaran, K. S. Bharathi, A. K. Rahiman et al., “Synthesis, electrochemical, catalytic and antimicrobial activities of novel unsymmetrical macrocyclic dicompartmental binuclear nickel(II) complexes,” Polyhedron, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1867–1874, 2008.
- H. D. Leçe, K. C. Emregül, and O. Atakol, “Difference in the inhibitive effect of some Schiff base compounds containing oxygen, nitrogen and sulfur donors,” Corrosion Science, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1460–1468, 2008.
- C. Tang, F. Liu, Y.-J. Xia et al., “Fluorene-substituted pyrenes-Novel pyrene derivatives as emitters in nondoped blue OLEDs,” Organic Electronics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 155–162, 2006.
- Y. Sun and K. Yasukawa, “New anti-inflammatory ergostane-type ecdysteroids from the sclerotium of Polyporus umbellatus,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 3417–3420, 2008.
- K. E. Fagelman and J. T. Guthrie, “Preferential interactions in pigmented, polymer blends—C.I. Pigment Blue 15:4 and C.I. Pigment Red 122—as used in a poly(carbonate)-poly(butylene terephthalate) polymer blend,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1095, no. 1-2, pp. 145–155, 2005.
- A. Voelkel, “Inverse gas chromatography in characterization of surface,” Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 205–207, 2004.
- J. R. Conder and C. L. Young, Physicochemical Measurement by Gas Chromatography, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- G. M. Dorris and D. G. Gray, “Adsorption of n-alkanes at zero surface coverage on cellulose paper and wood fibers,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 353–362, 1980.
- P. Mukhopadhyay and H. P. Schreiber, “Aspects of acid-base interactions and use of inverse gas chromatography,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 100, pp. 47–71, 1995.
- F. L. Riddle Jr. and F. M. Fowkes, “Spectral shifts in acid-base chemistry: 1. van der Waals contributions to acceptor numbers,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 112, no. 9, pp. 3259–3264, 1990.
- D. P. Kamdem, S. K. Bose, and P. Luner, “Inverse gas chromatography characterization of birch wood meal,” Langmuir, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 3039–3044, 1993.
- J. M. R. C. A. Santos and J. T. Guthrie, “Analysis of interactions in multicomponent polymeric systems: the key-role of inverse gas chromatography,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 79–107, 2005.
- J. M. R. C. A. Santos and J. T. Guthrie, “Study of a core-shell type impact modifier by inverse gas chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1070, no. 1-2, pp. 147–154, 2005.
- R. Ziessel, “Schiff-based bipyridine ligands. unusual coordination features and mesomorphic behaviour,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 216-217, pp. 195–223, 2001.
- D. S. Tyson, C. R. Luman, X. Zhou, and F. N. Castellano, “New Ru(II) chromophores with extended excited-state lifetimes,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 16, pp. 4063–4071, 2001.