- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 472657, 9 pages
Clean Procedure and DFT Study for the Synthesis of 2-Amino-3-ethoxycarbonyl-4-(aryl)-4H-pyrano-[3,2-c]-chromene-5-ones Derivatives: A Novel Class of Potential Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Agents
1Borj Cedria Higher Institute of Sciences and Technology of Environment, Touristic road of Soliman, B.P. 95, 2050 Hammam-Lif, Tunisia
2College of Science and Arts at Ar-Rass, Qassim University, P.O. Box 53, Ar-Rass, Saudi Arabia
Received 11 April 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editor: Benjamin Mwashote
Copyright © 2013 R. Medyouni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Zuo, G. Jose, Z. Boli, B. Hyunmoon, and D. S. Shin, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of fluorinated coumarino sulfonamides,” Arkivoc, vol. 2008, no. 2, pp. 183–189, 2008.
- S. Lee, K. Sivakumar, W. Seobshin, F. Xie, and Q. Wang, “Synthesis and anti-angiogenesis activity of coumarin derivatives,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 4596–4599, 2006.
- K. Moghadam and M. Mohseni, “A route to the synthesis of novel coumarins,” Monatshefte fur Chemie, vol. 135, no. 7, pp. 817–821, 2004.
- S. V. Dekic, V. S. Dekic, B. R. Dekic, and M. S. Dekic, “Synthesis of new condensed and cyclized coumarin derivatives,” Chemical Papers, vol. 61, pp. 233–235, 2007.
- A. M. M. El-Saghier and A. Khodairy, “New synthetic approaches to condensed and spiro coumarins: coumarin-3-thiocarboxamide as building block for the synthesis of condensed and spiro coumarins,” Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and Related Elements, vol. 160, pp. 105–119, 2000.
- B. Musicki, A. M. Periers, P. Laurin et al., “Improved antibacterial activities of coumarin antibiotics bearing 5',5'-dialkylnoviose: biological activity of RU79115,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 10, no. 15, pp. 1695–1699, 2000.
- J. Azizian, A. Mohammadi, I. Bidar, and P. Mirazaei, “KAl(SO4)2· 12H2O (alum) a reusable catalyst for the synthesis of some 4-substituted coumarins via Pechmann reaction under solvent-free conditions,” Monatshefte Für Chemie, vol. 139, no. 7, pp. 805–808, 2008.
- V. S. V. Satyanarayana, P. Sreevani, A. Sivakumar, and V. Vijayakumar, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new Schiff bases containing coumarin moiety and their spectral characterization,” Arkivoc, vol. 2008, no. 17, pp. 221–233, 2008.
- M. M. Garazd, O. V. Muzychka, A. I. Vovk, I. V. Nagorichna, and A. S. Ogorodniichuk, “Modified coumarins. 27. Ssynthesis and antioxidant activity of 3-substituted 5,7-dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarins,” Chemistry of Natural Compounds, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2007.
- G. Smitha and R. Sanjeeva, “ZrCl4-catalyzed Pechmann reaction: synthesis of coumarins under solvent-free conditions,” Synthetic Communications, vol. 34, no. 21, pp. 3997–4003, 2004.
- A. Kotali, I. S. Lafazanis, and P. A. Harris, “Synthesis of 6,7-diacylcoumarins via the transformation of a hydroxy into a carbonyl group,” Synthetic Communications, vol. 38, no. 22, pp. 3996–4006, 2008.
- N. Hamdi, C. Lidrissi, M. Saoud, A. R. Nievas, and H. Zarrouk, “Synthesis of some new biologically active coumarin derivatives,” Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 320–325, 2006.
- M. Maheswara, V. Siddaiah, G. L. V. Damu, Y. K. Rao, and C. V. Rao, “A solvent-free synthesis of coumarins via Pechmann condensation using heterogeneous catalyst,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 255, no. 1-2, pp. 49–52, 2006.
- B. Rajitha, V. N. Kumar, P. Someshwar, J. V. Madhav, P. N. Reddy, and Y. T Reddy, “Dipyridine copper chloride catalyzed coumarin synthesis via Pechmann condensation under conventional heating and microwave irradiation,” Arkivoc, vol. 2006, no. 12, pp. 23–27, 2006.
- M. Zahradnik, The Production and Application of Fluorescent Brightening Agents, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- Z. A. Sizova, A. A. Karasev, L. L. Lukatskaya, M. I. Rubtsov, and A. O. Doroshenko, “Acid-base properties of 3-benzazolylcoumarins and their imino analogs,” Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 168–172, 2002.
- M. Paya, B. Halliwell, and J. R. S. Hoult, “Interactions of a series of coumarins with reactive oxygen species. Scavening of superoxide, hypochlorous acid and hydroxyl radicals,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 205–214, 1992.
- M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, et al., Gaussian 03, Revision C. 02, Gaussian, Wallingford, UK, 2004.
- A. D. Becke, “Density-functional thermochemistry. III. The role of exact exchange,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 98, article 5648, 5 pages, 1993.
- C. Lee, W. Yang, and R. G. Parr, “Development of the Colle-Salvetti correlation-energy formula into a functional of the electron density,” Physical Review B, vol. 37, pp. 785–789, 1988.
- F. Weigend and R. Ahlrichs, “Balanced basis sets of split valence, triple zeta valence and quadruple zeta valence quality for H to Rn: design and assessment of accuracy,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 3297–3305, 2005.
- S. Kirkiachiarian, R. Bakhchinian, H. Chidiak, M. Mazmanian, and C. Planche, Annales Pharmaceutiques Francaises, vol. 57, p. 251, 1999.
- A. L. Banty, The Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test, Principle and Practice, Edited by I. Lea and Febiger, 1976.
- H. W. Seely and P. J. Van Demark, Microbes in Action: A Laboratory Manual of Microbiology, DB Taraporevala Sons & Co, Bombay, India, 1975.
- H. Mehrabi and H. Abusaidi, “Synthesis of biscoumarin and 3,4-dihydropyrano[c]chromene derivatives catalysed by sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) in neat water,” Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, vol. 7, pp. 890–894, 2010.