- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 537976, 6 pages
Rod-Shaped Magnetite Nano/Microparticles Synthesis at Ambient Temperature
Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
Received 5 June 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 8 August 2012
Academic Editor: Ioannis Kourkoutas
Copyright © 2013 Balaprasad Ankamwar and Ashwini Thorat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Zalich, M. L. Vadala, J. S. Riffle, M. Saunders, and T. G. S. Pierre, “Structural and magnetic properties of cobalt nanoparticles encased in siliceous shells,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 26, pp. 6597–6604, 2007.
- C. Pascal, J. L. Pascal, F. Favier, M. L. E. Moubtassim, and C. Payen, “Electrochemical synthesis for the control of γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticle size, morphology, microstructure, and magnetic behavior,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 11, p. 141, 1999.
- H. Lee, E. Lee, D. K. Kim, N. K. Jang, Y. Y. Jeong, and S. Jon, “Antibiofouling polymer-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles as potential magnetic resonance contrast agents for in vivo cancer imaging,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 22, pp. 7383–7389, 2006.
- C. Alexiou, R. J. Schmid, R. Jurgons et al., “Targeting cancer cells: magnetic nanoparticles as drug carriers,” European Biophysics Journal, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 446–450, 2006.
- P. A. Dresco, V. S. Zaitsev, R. J. Gambino, and B. Chu, “Preparation and properties of magnetite and polymer magnetite nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1945–1951, 1999.
- H. Deng, X. Li, Q. Peng, X. Wang, J. Chen, and Y. Li, “Monodisperse magnetic single-crystal ferrite microspheres,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 44, no. 18, pp. 2782–2785, 2005.
- D. Beydoun, R. Amal, G. K. C. Low, and S. McEvoy, “Novel photocatalyst: titania-coated magnetite. Activity and photodissolution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 18, pp. 4387–4396, 2000.
- W. Stahlhofen and W. Moller, “Behaviour of magnetic micro-particles in the human lung,” Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, vol. 32, pp. 221–238, 1993.
- W. Möller, S. Takenaka, M. Rust, W. Stahlhofen, and J. Heyder, “Probing mechanical properties of living cells by magnetopneumography,” Journal of Aerosol Medicine, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 173–186, 1997.
- H. E. Stokinger, “A review of world literature finds iron oxides noncarcinogenic,” American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 127–133, 1984.
- D. Cohen, “Ferromagnetic contamination in the lungs and other organs of the human body,” Science, vol. 180, no. 4087, pp. 745–748, 1973.
- T. Sugimoto and E. Matijević, “Formation of uniform spherical magnetite particles by crystallization from ferrous hydroxide gels,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 227–243, 1980.
- W. Stahlhofen, J. Gebhart, J. Heyder, and B. Stuck, “Production of monodisperse Fe2O3 aerosols as test standards with a “spinning top” generator,” Staub, Reinhaltung der Luft, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 73–77, 1979.
- K. T. Wu, Y. D. Yao, C. R. C. Wang, P. F. Chen, and E. T. Yeh, “Magnetic field induced optical transmission study in an iron nanoparticle ferrofluid,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 5959–5961, 1999.
- D. Zhang, Z. Tong, S. Li, X. Zhang, and A. Ying, “Fabrication and characterization of hollow Fe3O4 nanospheres in a microemulsion,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 24, pp. 4053–4055, 2008.
- Y. W. Jun, Y. M. Huh, J. S. Choi et al., “Nanoscale size effect of magnetic nanocrystals and their utilisation for cancer diagnosis via magnetic resonance imaging,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 16, pp. 5732–5733, 2005.
- A. Nomura, S. Shin, O. O. Mehdi, and J. M. Kauffmann, “Preparation, characterization, and application of an enzyme-immobilized magnetic microreactor for flow injection analysis,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 18, pp. 5498–5502, 2004.
- F. Li, C. Vipulanandan, and K. K. Mohanty, “Microemulsion and solution approaches to nanoparticle iron production for degradation of trichloroethylene,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 223, no. 1–3, pp. 103–112, 2003.
- C. Yang, J. Xing, Y. Guan, J. Liu, and H. Liu, “Synthesis and characterization of superparamagnetic iron nanocomposites by hydrazine reduction,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 385, no. 1-2, pp. 283–287, 2004.
- W.-X. Zhang, “Nanoscale iron particles for environmental remediation: an overview,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 323–332, 2003.
- K. C. Huang and S. H. Ehrman, “Synthesis of iron nanoparticles via chemical reduction with palladium ion seeds,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1419–1426, 2007.
- A. Chen, H. Wang, B. Zhao, and X. Li, “The preparation of polypyrrole-Fe3O4 nanocomposites by the use of common ion effect,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 411–415, 2003.
- B. Zhao and Z. Nan, “Preparation of stable magnetic nanofluids containing Fe3O4@PPy nanoparticles by a novel one-pot route,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 6, Article ID 230, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- Y. R. Sharma, Elementary Organic Spectroscopy: Principles and Chemical Applications, S. Chand & Co., 4th edition, 2012.
- C. T. Seip and C. J. O'Connor, “Fabrication and organization of self-assembled metallic nanoparticles formed in reverse micelles,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 183–186, 1999.
- G. N. Glavee, K. J. Klabunde, C. M. Sorensen, and G. C. Hadjipanayis, “Chemistry of borohydride reduction of Iron (II) and Iron (III) ions in aqueous and non-aqueous media. Formation of nanoscale FeB, Fe2B and other iron-rich boride powders,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 34, pp. 28–35, 1995.
- X. Lu, H. Mao, and W. Zhang, “Fabrication of core-shell Fe3O4/polypyrrole and hollow polypyrrole microspheres,” Polymer Composites, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 847–854, 2009.
- B. Ankamwar, T. C. Lai, J. H. Huang et al., “Biocompatibility of Fe3O4 nanoparticles evaluated by in vitro cytotoxicity assays using normal, glia and breast cancer cells,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 7, Article ID 75102, 2010.