- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 578537, 8 pages
Validation of Quetiapine Fumarate in Pharmaceutical Dosage by Reverse-Phase HPLC with Internal Standard Method
Department of Chemistry, GITAM Institute of Technology, GITAM University, Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
Received 9 December 2011; Revised 8 May 2012; Accepted 21 May 2012
Academic Editor: Daryoush Afzali
Copyright © 2013 Kiran B. Venkata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. B. Bagade, S. P. Narkhede, D. S. Nikam, and C. K. Sachde, “Development and validation of UV-Spectrophotometric method for determination of Quetiapine fumarate in two different dose tablets,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 898–904, 2009.
- K. Basavaiah, N. Rajendra Prasad, P. J. Ramesh, and K. B. Vinay, “Sensitive ultraviolet spectrophotometric determination of quetiapine fumarate in pharmaceuticals,” Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 34, pp. 146–154, 2010.
- V. G. Prasanth, S. C. Eapan, S. V. Kutti, and T. S. Jyothi, “Development and validation of Quetiapine fumarate in pure and pharmaceutical formulation by UV-Spectrophotometric method,” Der Pharmacia Sinica, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 52–58, 2011.
- K. Basavaiah, N. Rajendra Prasad, P. J. Ramesh, and K. B. Vinay, “Sensitive and selective extraction-free spectrophotometric determination of quetiapine fumarate in pharmaceuticals using two sulphonthalein dyes,” Journal of Pre-Clinical and Chemical Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 024–031, 2010.
- S. R. Dhaneshwar, N. G. Patre, and M. V. Mahadik, “Stability-indicating HPTLC method for quantitation of quetiapine fumarate in the pharmaceutical dosage form,” Acta Chromatographica, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 83–93, 2009.
- S. Hillaert, L. Snoeck, and W. Van den Bossche, “Optimization and validation of a capillary zone electrophoretic method for the simultaneous analysis of four atypical antipsychotics,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1033, no. 2, pp. 357–362, 2004.
- S. A. Ozkan, B. Dogan, and B. Uslu, “Voltammetric analysis of the novel atypical antipsychotic drug quetiapine in human serum and urine,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 153, no. 1-2, pp. 27–35, 2006.
- R. Mandrioli, S. Fanali, A. Ferranti, and M. A. Raggi, “HPLC analysis of the novel antipsychotic drug quetiapine in human plasma,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 969–977, 2002.
- I. V. Somaraju, P. Raghuram, and J. Sriramulu, Chromatographia, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 4545–4550, 2009.
- M. A. Saracino, L. Mercolini, G. Flotta, L. J. Albers, R. Merli, and M. A. Raggi, “Simultaneous determination of fluvoxamine isomers and quetiapine in human plasma by means of high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 843, no. 2, pp. 227–233, 2006.
- L. Mercolini, M. Grillo, C. Bartoletti, G. Boncompagni, and M. A. Raggi, “Simultaneous analysis of classical neuroleptics, atypical antipsychotics and their metabolites in human plasma,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 388, no. 1, pp. 235–243, 2007.
- J. Hasselstrøm and K. Linnet, “Fully automated on-line quantification of quetiapine in human serum by solid phase extraction and liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 798, no. 1, pp. 9–16, 2003.
- K.-Y Li, Y.-G Zhou, H.-Y Ren, F. Wang, B.-K Zhang, and H.-D Li, “Ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the determination of atypical antipsychotics and some metabolites in in vitro samples,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 850, no. 1-2, pp. 581–585, 2007.
- J. Sachse, J. Köller, S. Härtter, and C. Hiemke, “Automated analysis of quetiapine and other antipsychotic drugs in human blood by high performance-liquid chromatography with column-switching and spectrophotometric detection,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 830, no. 2, pp. 342–348, 2006.
- R. H. Pullen, K. M. Palermo, and M. A. Curtis, “Determination of an antipsychotic agent (ICI 204,636) and its 7-hydroxy metabolite in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Journal of chromatography, vol. 573, no. 1, pp. 49–57, 1992.
- P. C. Davis, O. Bravo, M. Gehrke, and C. T. Azumaya, “Development and validation of an LC-MS/MS method for the determination of quetiapine and four related metabolites in human plasma,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1113–1119, 2010.
- Z. Zhou, X. Li, K. Li, et al., “Simultaneous determination of clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone and quetiapine in plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 802, no. 2, pp. 257–262, 2004.
- H. Kirchherr and W. N. Kühn-Velten, “Quantitative determination of forty-eight antidepressants and antipsychotics in human serum by HPLC tandem mass spectrometry: a multi-level, single-sample approach,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 843, no. 1, pp. 100–113, 2006.
- B. Barrett, M. Holcapek, J. Huclová et al., “Validated HPLC-MS/MS method for determination of quetiapine in human plasma,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 498–505, 2007.