- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 608196, 6 pages
Stress Degradation Assessment of Lamotrigine Using a Validated Stability-Indicating HPTLC Method
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Khartoum Square 1, Azarita, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
2Dentistry/Pharmacy Centre, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, Canada T6G 2N8
Received 4 July 2012; Revised 24 August 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Victor David
Copyright © 2013 Karim Michail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. O. Foye, Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 2007.
- C. Dollery, Therapeutic Drugs, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 2nd edition, 1999.
- S. C. Sweetman, Martindale; The Complete Drug Reference, Pharmaceutical Press, London, UK, 36th edition, 2009.
- The United States Pharmacopeia, 34th The National Formulary, 34th Revision, United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Washington, DC, USA, 29th edition, 2010.
- The British Pharmacopoeia, Her Majesty's Stationary Office, London, UK, 2010.
- J. Emami, N. Ghassami, and F. Ahmadi, “Development and validation of a new HPLC method for determination of lamotrigine and related compounds in tablet formulations,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 999–1005, 2006.
- N. F. Youssef and E. A. Taha, “Development and validation of spectrophotometric, TLC and HPLC methods for the determination of lamotrigine in presence of its impurity,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 541–545, 2007.
- M. C. Sharma and S. Sharma, “Validated densitometric method for the quantification of lamotrigine in dosage form,” International Journal of PharmTech Research, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1174–1178, 2011.
- M. T. Martins, C. S. Paim, and M. Steppe, “LC and UV methods for lamotrigine determination in pharmaceutical formulation,” Chromatography Research International, vol. 2011, Article ID 860168, 8 pages, 2011.
- N. M. El-Enany, D. T. El-Sherbiny, A. A. Abdelal, and F. F. Belal, “Validated spectrofluorimetric method for the determination of lamotrigine in tablets and human plasma through derivatization with o-phthalaldehyde,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 463–472, 2010.
- P. Srinivasulu, K. Mukkanti, B. R. Reguri, and K. S. V. Srinivas, “Development of a validated stability indicating LC method for lamotrigine,” Chromatographia, vol. 70, no. 1-2, pp. 271–276, 2009.
- S. K. Motwani, R. K. Khar, F. J. Ahmad et al., “Stability indicating high-performance thin-layer chromatographic determination of gatifloxacin as bulk drug and from polymeric nanoparticles,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 576, no. 2, pp. 253–260, 2006.
- N. Vadera, G. Subramanian, and P. Musmade, “Stability-indicating HPTLC determination of imatinib mesylate in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage form,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 722–726, 2007.
- A. Venkatachalam and V. S. Chatterjee, “Stability-indicating high performance thin layer chromatography determination of paroxetine hydrochloride in bulk drug and pharmaceutical formulations,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 598, no. 2, pp. 312–317, 2007.
- ICH [Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products Q1A (R2)], International Conference on Harmonisation, Food and Drug administration, Geneva, Switzerland, 2003.
- D. L. Massart, B. G. M. Vandeginste, L. M. C. Buydens, S. De-Jong, P. J. Lewi, and J. Smeyers-Verbeke, Data Handling in Science and Technology, Handbook of Chemometrics and Qualimetrics: Part A, vol. 20, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 1997.
- V. V. Nalimov, The Application of Mathematical Statistics to Chemical Analysis, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1963.
- ICH [Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology (Q2R1)], International Conference on Harmonisation, Food and Drug administration, Geneva, Switzerland, 1996.
- K. Huynh-Ba, Handbook of Stability Testing in Pharmaceutical Development: Regulations, Methodologies and Best Practice, Springer Science, Business Media, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- M. Bakshi and S. Singh, “Development of validated stability-indicating assay methods—critical review,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1011–1040, 2002.