- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 818739, 7 pages
Synthesis, Antibacterial, and Antifungal Activities of Novel Pyridazino Carbazoles
1Department of Environmental Sciences, Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore 54000, Pakistan
2Department of Microbiology, University of Health Sciences, Lahore 54000, Pakistan
3Department of Chemistry, Lahore College for Women University, Lahore 54000, Pakistan
4Department of Chemistry (Girls), College of Science, King Faisal University, Al-Ahsa 31982, Saudi Arabia
Received 30 September 2012; Revised 25 November 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Naoki Toyooka
Copyright © 2013 Ghazala Yaqub et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. H. C. Uttley, C. H. Collins, J. Naidoo, and R. C. George, “Vancomycin-resistant enterococci,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8575-8576, pp. 57–58, 1988.
- R. Fox, K. R. Neal, C. L. S. Leen, M. E. Ellis, and B. K. Mandal, “Fluconazole resistant candida in AIDS,” Journal of Infection, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 201–204, 1991.
- M. A. Pfaller, M. Bale, B. Buschelman et al., “Selection of candidate quality control isolates and tentative quality control ranges for in vitro susceptibility testing of yeast isolates by National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards proposed standard methods,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1650–1653, 1994.
- W. Gu and S. Wang, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of novel 1H-dibenzo[a,c]carbazoles from dehydroabietic acid,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 4692–4696, 2010.
- A. E. Martin and K. J. Prasad, “Synthesis and characterization of carbazole derivatives and their antimicrobial studies,” Acta Pharmaceutica, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 79–86, 2006.
- F. F. Zhang, L. L. Gan, and C. H. Zhou, “Synthesis, antibacterial and antifungal activities of some carbazole derivatives,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1881–1884, 2010.
- A. Chakraborty, C. Saha, G. Podder, B. K. Chowdhury, and P. Bhattacharyya, “Carbazole alkaloid with antimicrobial activity from Clausena heptaphylla,” Phytochemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 787–789, 1995.
- N. Haider, “Pyridazine-fused carbazoles: synthesis, reactivity, and antitumor activity,” Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 511–521, 2002.
- H. J. Knölker and K. R. Reddy, “Isolation and synthesis of biologically active carbazole alkaloids,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 102, no. 11, pp. 4303–4428, 2002.
- G. Yaqub, E. Akbar, M. A. Rehman, and B. Mateen, “Review on advancements in synthesis of carbazoles,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 2485–2520, 2009.
- G. Yaqub, A. Hannan, M. Usman, E. Akbar, and B. Mateen, “In vitro antifungal and antibacterial activity of carbazoles,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 5121–5123, 2012.
- N. Ty, G. Dupeyre, G. G. Chabot et al., “Structure-activity relationships of indole compounds derived from combretastatin A4: synthesis and biological screening of 5-phenylpyrrolo[3,4-a] carbazole-1,3-diones as potential antivascular agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 3726–3739, 2010.
- Y. Li, H. Zou, J. Gong et al., “Efficient synthesis of maleimides and carbazoles via Zn(OTf)2-catalyzed tandem annulations of isonitriles and allenic esters,” Organic Letters, vol. 9, no. 20, pp. 4057–4060, 2007.
- G. Yaqub, E. Akbar, Z. Sadiq, M. Iqbal, and B. Mateen, “Efficient and simple strategy to synthesize carbazoles,” International Journal of Syntheses and Characterization, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 21–22, 2010.