- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 862395, 4 pages
Convenient Synthesis of a Novel Flavonoid with Extended π-System: Active Agent for UVA Protection
Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Sultan Qaboos University, P.O. Box 36, Al-Khodh 123, Oman
Received 9 October 2012; Accepted 1 December 2012
Academic Editor: Antreas Afantitis
Copyright © 2013 Saleh Al-Busafi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ghasemzadeh and N. Ghasemzadeh, “Flavonoids and phenolic acids: role and biochemical activity in plants and human,” Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, vol. 5, no. 31, pp. 6697–6703, 2011.
- M.-H. Pan, C.-S. Laia, and C.-T. Ho, “Anti-inflammatory activity of natural dietary flavonoids,” Food & Function, vol. 1, pp. 15–31, 2010.
- G. W. Kabalka and A. R. Mereddy, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of functionalized flavones and chromones,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 46, no. 37, pp. 6315–6317, 2005.
- M. Furusawa, T. Tanaka, T. Ito et al., “Antioxidant activity of hydroxyflavonoids,” Journal of Health Science, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 376–378, 2005.
- K. H. Miean and S. Mohamed, “Flavonoid (myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol, luteolin, and apigenin) content of edible tropical plants,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 3106–3112, 2001.
- J. A. Seijas, M. P. Vázquez-Tato, and R. Carballido-Reboredo, “Solvent-free synthesis of functionalized flavones under microwave irradiation,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 2855–2858, 2005.
- A. O. Prykhod'ko, G. G. Dubinina, S. M. Golovach, and S. M. Yarmoluk, “Inhibitors of protein kinase CK2,” Ukrainica Bioorganica Acta, vol. 1, no. 1-2, pp. 39–48, 2004.
- R. X. Shi, C. N. Ong, and H. M. Shen, “Protein kinase C inhibition and X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein degradation contribute to the sensitization effect of luteolin on tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis in cancer cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 65, no. 17, pp. 7815–7823, 2005.
- D. Kempuraj, B. Madhappan, S. Christodoulou et al., “Flavonols inhibit proinflammatory mediator release, intracellular calcium ion levels and protein kinase C theta phosphorylation in human mast cells,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 145, no. 7, pp. 934–944, 2005.
- M. Sisa, S. L. Bonnet, D. Ferreira, and J. H. Van Der Westhuizen, “Photochemistry of flavonoids,” Molecules, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 5196–5245, 2010.
- A. Kootstra, “Protection from UV-B-induced DNA damage by flavonoids,” Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 771–774, 1994.
- A. Chiu and A. B. Kimball, “Topical vitamins, minerals and botanical ingredients as modulators of environmental and chronological skin damage,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 149, no. 4, pp. 681–691, 2003.
- B. Starcher, R. Pierce, and A. Hinek, “UVB irradiation stimulates deposition of new elastic fibers by modified epithelial cells surrounding the hair follicles and sebaceous glands in mice,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 450–455, 1999.
- N. A. C. Santos and J. Inees, “Hair color changes and protein damage caused by ultraviolet radiation,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 74, no. 2-3, pp. 109–117, 2004.
- N. A. C. Santos, N. A. Kaoru, and J. Inees, “Impairment of hair mechanical properties by sun exposure and bleaching treatments,” Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 533–537, 2004.
- T. Jungblut, J. Schnitzler, W. Heller et al., “Die strukturen UV-B-induzierter sonnenschutzpigmente der kiefer (Pinus sylvestris L.),” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 376–378, 1995.
- J. Staunton, “Gamm-pyrones and chromones,” in Comprehensive Organic Chemistry. The Synthesis and Reactions of Organic Compounds, D. Barton and W. D. Ollis, Eds., vol. 4, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1979.
- A. K. Ganguly, S. Kaur, P. K. Mahata, D. Biswas, B. N. Pramanik, and T. M. Chan, “Synthesis and properties of 3-acyl-γ-pyrones, a novel class of flavones and chromones,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 46, no. 23, pp. 4119–4121, 2005.
- R. S. Varma, R. K. Saini, and D. Kumar, “An expeditious synthesis of flavones on montmorillonite K 10 clay with microwaves,” Journal of Chemical Research S, no. 6, pp. 348–349, 1998.
- T. S. Wheeler, “1-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-phenyl-1, 3-propanedione-chem synthesis,” Organic Syntheses, vol. 4, p. 478, 1963.