- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 871631, 6 pages
Biochemical Characterization of Coriander Cakes Obtained by Extrusion
1Bioactive Substances Laboratory, Biotechnology Center, Borj-Cedria Technopark, BP 901, 2050 Hammam-Lif, Tunisia
2Agro-Industrial Chemistry Laboratory, UMR 1010 INRA/INP, ENSIACET, 4 allee Emile Monso, 31030 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Received 21 June 2012; Revised 17 October 2012; Accepted 25 October 2012
Academic Editor: Marcone Augusto Leal De Oliveira
Copyright © 2013 Jazia Sriti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Diederichsen, The Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, vol. 3, Gatersleben/International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome, Italy, 1996.
- M. F. Ramadan and J. T. Mörsel, “Oil composition of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) fruit-seeds,” European Food Research and Technology, vol. 215, no. 3, pp. 204–209, 2002.
- K. Msaada, K. Hosni, M. B. Taarit, T. Chahed, M. E. Kchouk, and B. Marzouk, “Changes on essential oil composition of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) fruits during three stages of maturity,” Food Chemistry, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 1131–1134, 2007.
- V. D. Zheljazkov, K. M. Pickett, C. D. Caldwell, J. A. Pincock, J. C. Roberts, and L. Mapplebeck, “Cultivar and sowing date effects on seed yield and oil composition of coriander in Atlantic Canada,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 88–94, 2008.
- M. Neffati and B. Marzouk, “Changes in essential oil and fatty acid composition in coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) leaves under saline conditions,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 173–142, 2008.
- P. M. Angelo and N. Jorge, “Antioxidant evaluation of coriander extract and ascorbyl palmitate in sunflower oil under thermoxidation,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1045–1049, 2008.
- M. F. Ramadan, L. W. Kroh, and J. T. Morsel, “Radical scavenging activity of black cumin (Nigella sativa L.), coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.), and Niger (Guizotia abyssinica Cass.) crude seed oils and oil fractions,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 24, pp. 6961–6969, 2003.
- J. C. Matasyoh, Z. C. Maiyo, R. M. Ngure, and R. Chepkorir, “Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Coriandrum sativum,” Food Chemistry, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 526–529, 2009.
- P. L. Cantore, N. S. Iacobellis, A. De Marco, A. F. Capasso, and F. Senatore, “Antibacterial activity of Coriandrum sativum L. and Foeniculum vulgare Miller Var. vulgare (Miller) essential oils,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 26, pp. 7862–7866, 2004.
- F. D. Gunstone, J. L. Harwood, and A. J. Dijkstra, The Lipid Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 3rd edition, 2007.
- S. A. Otoom, S. A. Al-Safi, Z. K. Kerem, and A. Alkofahi, “The use of medicinal herbs by diabetic Jordanian patients,” Journal of Herbal Pharmacotherapy, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 31–41, 2006.
- A. A. S. Lal, P. B. M. Tkumar, and K. S. Pillai, “Hypolipidemic effect of Coriandrum sativum L. in triton-induced hyperlipidemic rats,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 42, pp. 909–912, 2004.
- M. Emamghoreishi and G. Heidari-Hamedani, “Sedative-hypnotic activity of extracts and essential oil of Coriander seeds,” Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2006.
- I. Kubo, K. I. Fujita, A. Kubo, K. I. Nihei, and T. Ogura, “Antibacterial activity of coriander volatile compounds against Salmonella choleraesuis,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 3329–3332, 2004.
- R. Vejdani, H. R. M. Shalmani, M. Mir-Fattahi et al., “The efficacy of an herbal medicine, Carmint, on the relief of abdominal pain and bloating in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: a pilot study,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1501–1507, 2006.
- A. Gil, E. B. De La Fuente, A. E. Lenardis, M. Lopez Pereir, S. A. Suarez, and A. Bandoni, “Coriander essential oil composition from two genotypes grown in different environmental conditions,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2870–2877, 2002.
- I. Telci, O. G. Toncer, and N. Sahbaz, “Yield, essential oil content and composition of Coriandrum sativum varieties (var. vulgare Alef and var. microcarpum DC.) grown in two different locations,” Journal of Essential Oil Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 189–193, 2006.
- K. Msaada, K. Hosni, M. B. Taarit, M. Hammami, and B. Marzouk, “Effects of growing region and maturity stages on oil yield and fatty acid composition of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) fruit,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 120, no. 4, pp. 525–531, 2009.
- H. Mhemdi, E. Rodier, N. Kechaou, and J. Fages, “A supercritical tuneable process for the selective extraction of fats and essential oil from coriander seeds,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 609–616, 2011.
- A. Sarimeseli, “Microwave drying characteristics of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) leaves,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 1449–1453, 2011.
- S. Ramachandran, S. K. Singh, C. Larroche, C. R. Soccol, and A. Pandey, “Oil cakes and their biotechnological applications-a review,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 2000–2009, 2007.
- B. Matthäus and J. Zubr, “Variability of specific components in Camelina sativa oilseed cakes,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 9–18, 2000.
- D. Gumul and J. Korus, “Polyphenol content and antioxidant activity of rye bran extrudates produced at varying parameters of extrusion process,” Electronic Journal of Polish Agricultural Universities, vol. 9, no. 4, p. 11, 2006.
- E. A. Ozer, E. N. Herken, S. Guzel, P. Ainsworth, and S. Ibanoglu, “Effect of extrusion process on the antioxidant activity and total phenolics in a nutritious snack food,” International Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 289–293, 2006.
- K. Msaada, K. Hosni, M. Ben Taarit, T. Chahed, M. Hammami, and B. Marzouk, “Changes in fatty acid composition of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) fruit during maturation,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 29, no. 2-3, pp. 269–274, 2009.
- K. Msaada, K. Hosni, M. Ben Taarit, T. Chahed, and B. Marzouk, “Variations in the essential oil composition from different parts of Coriandrum sativum L. cultivated in Tunisia,” Italian Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 47–52, 2007.
- K. D. Müller, H. Husmann, H. P. Nalik, and G. G. Schombur, “Chapter 9 conductivity detection,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 30, pp. 245–248, 1990.
- Stasoft STATISTICA for Windows, Computer Program Electronic Manual, StatSoft, Tulsa, Okla, USA, 1998.
- J. Sriti, T. Talou, M. Faye, G. Vilarem, and B. Marzouk, “Oil extraction from coriander fruits by extrusion and comparison with solvent extraction processes,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 659–664, 2011.
- G. Lercker and M. T. Rodriguez-Estrada, “Chromatographic analysis of unsaponifiable compounds of olive oils and fat-containing foods,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 881, no. 1-2, pp. 105–129, 2000.
- S. Besbes, C. Blecker, C. Deroanne et al., “Date seed oil: phenolic, tocopherol and sterol profiles,” Journal of Food Lipids, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 251–265, 2004.