- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 920130, 6 pages
Evaluation of the Antioxidative Properties of N-Acylamino-Substituted Tricyclic Imides
1Faculty of Science and Arts, University of Amasya, 05100 Amasya, Turkey
2Faculty of Science and Arts, Yildiz Technical University, Davutpasa Campus, Esenler, 34220 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 25 April 2013; Revised 26 July 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Esteban P. Urriolabeitia
Copyright © 2013 Melek Gul et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Zentz, A. Valla, R. Le Guillou, R. Labia, A. Mathot, and D. Sirot, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of N-substituted imides,” Il Farmaco, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 421–426, 2002.
- R. M. DiPardo, M. A. Patane, R. C. Newton et al., “Cyclic imides as potent and selective α-1A adrenergic receptor antagonists,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 11, no. 14, pp. 1959–1962, 2001.
- J. Kossakowski and M. Jarocka, “Synthesis of new N-substituted cyclic imides with an expected anxiolytic activity. XVII. Derivatives of 1-ethoxybicyclo[2.2.2]-oct-5-one-2,3-dicarboximide,” Il Farmaco, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 785–789, 2001.
- J. Kossakowski, A. Bielenica, B. Mirosław, A. E. Kozioł, I. Dybała, and M. Struga, “4-Azatricyclo[5.2.2.02,6]undecane-3,5,8-triones as potential pharmacological agents,” Molecules, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1570–1583, 2008.
- V. C. Filho, T. Pinheiro, R. J. Nunes, R. A. Yunes, A. B. Cruz, and E. Moretto, “Antibacterial activity of N-phenylmaleimides, N-phenylsuccinimides and related compounds. Structure-activity relationships,” Farmaco, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 675–677, 1994.
- Z. Shen, Y. Fan, F. Li, X. Chen, and Y. Shen, “Synthesis of N-substituted dimethylmaleimides and their antifungal activities against Sclerotinia sclerotiorum,” Journal of Pest Science, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 353–360, 2013.
- F. Mahle, T. R. Guimarães, A. V. Meira et al., “Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-antipyrine-4-substituted amino-3-chloromaleimide derivatives,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 4761–4768, 2010.
- F. Wang, H. Yin, C. Yue, S. Cheng, and M. Hong, “Synthesis, structural characterization, in vitro cytotoxicities and DNA-binding properties of triphenylantimony di(N-oxy phthalimide) and di(N-oxy succinimide) complexes,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 738, pp. 35–40, 2013.
- M. F. Braña, A. Gradillas, A. Gómez et al., “Synthesis, biological activity, and quantitative structure-activity relationship study of azanaphthalimide and arylnaphthalimide derivatives,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2236–2242, 2004.
- S. M. Sondhi, R. Rani, A. D. Diwvedi, and P. Roy, “Synthesis of some heterocyclic imides and azomethine derivatives under solvent free condition and their anti-inflammatory activity evaluation,” Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1369–1374, 2009.
- F. Anizon, L. Belin, P. Moreau et al., “Syntheses and biological activities (topoisomerase inhibition and antitumor and antimicrobial properties) of rebeccamycin analogues bearing modified sugar moieties and substituted on the imide nitrogen with a methyl group,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 21, pp. 3456–3465, 1997.
- W. G. Walter, “Antitumor imide derivatives of 7-oxabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane-2,3-dimethyl-2,3-dicarboxylic acid,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 66–67, 1989.
- S. M. Sondhi, R. Rani, P. Roy, S. K. Agrawal, and A. K. Saxena, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of N-substituted cyclic imides and their evaluation for anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1534–1538, 2009.
- B. Halliwell and J. M. C. Gutteridge, Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine, Clarendon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- T. Finkel and N. J. Holbrook, “Oxidants, oxidative stress and the biology of ageing,” Nature, vol. 408, no. 6809, pp. 239–247, 2000.
- L. Sun, J. Zhang, X. Lu, L. Zhang, and Y. Zhang, “Evaluation to the antioxidant activity of total flavonoids extract from persimmon (Diospyros kaki L.) leaves,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2689–2696, 2011.
- D. Mitchell and H. Yu, “Synthetic applications of palladium-catalyzed hydroarylation and related systems,” Current Opinion in Drug Discovery and Development, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 876–883, 2003.
- Z. L. Wei, C. George, and A. P. Kozikowski, “Synthesis of 5-endo-, 5-exo-, 6-endo- and 6-exo-hydroxylated analogues of epibatidine,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 44, no. 19, pp. 3847–3850, 2003.
- E. Negishi and A. de Meijere, Eds., Handbook of Organopalladium Chemistry for Organic Synthesis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- I. P. Beletskaya and A. V. Cheprakov, “Heck reaction as a sharpening stone of palladium catalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 100, no. 8, pp. 3009–3066, 2000.
- J. C. Namyslo, J. Storsberg, J. Klinge et al., “The hydroarylation reaction—scope and limitations,” Molecules, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 3402–3410, 2010.
- A. Otten, J. C. Namyslo, M. Stoermer, and D. E. Kaufmann, “2-(het)aryl-substituted 7-azabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane systems,” European Journal of Organic Chemistry, no. 9, pp. 1997–2001, 1998.
- C. Yolacan, E. Bagdatli, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Epibatidine alkaloid chemistry: 5. Domino-heck reactions of azabicyclic and tricyclic systems,” Molecules, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 603–614, 2006.
- E. Bagdatli, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “An investigation into domino-Heck reactions of N-acylamino-substituted tricyclic imides: synthesis of new prospective pharmaceuticals,” Helvetica Chimica Acta, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 2380–2385, 2007.
- G. Goksu, M. Gul, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Hydroarylation of bicyclic, unsaturated dicarboximides: access to aryl-substituted, bridged perhydroisoindoles,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 49, no. 17, pp. 2685–2688, 2008.
- G. Goksu, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Reductive heck reactions of N-methyl-substituted tricyclic imides,” Molecules, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1302–1308, 2010.
- M. Gul, I. Kulu, O. T. Gunkara, and N. Ocal, “Reductive Heck reactions and [3 + 2] cycloadditions of unsaturated N,N′-bistricyclic imides,” Acta Chimica Slovenica, vol. 60, pp. 87–94, 2013.
- C. Celik, I. Kulu, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Domino-Heck reactions of carba- and oxabicyclic, unsaturated dicarboximides: synthesis of aryl-substituted, bridged perhydroisoindole derivatives,” Helvetica Chimica Acta, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 1092–1101, 2009.
- I. Kulu and N. Ocal, “The synthesis of epiboxidine and related analogues as potential pharmacological agents,” Helvetica Chimica Acta, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 2054–2060, 2011.
- I. Kulu, G. Goksu, B. O. Sucu, A. Kopruceli, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Synthesis of new aryl-substituted tandospirone and epiboxidine analogues and isoxazoline derivatives,” Organic Preparations and Procedures International, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 44–56, 2013.
- O. T. Gunkara, B. O. Sucu, N. Ocal, and D. E. Kaufmann, “Synthesis of new aryl(hetaryl)-substituted tandospirone analogues under reductive Heck type hydroarylations with expected anxiolytic activity,” Chemical Papers, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 643–649, 2013.
- M. Gul, I. Kulu, and N. Ocal, “Hydroarylation reactions of N-acylaminosubstituted tricyclic imides,” Journal of Chemical Research, vol. 6, pp. 345–350, 2013.
- B. Badio, H. M. Garraffo, C. V. Plummer, W. L. Padgett, and J. W. Daly, “Synthesis and nicotinic activity of epiboxidine: an isoxazole analogue of epibatidine,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 321, no. 2, pp. 189–194, 1997.
- L. Rizzi, C. Dallanoce, C. Matera et al., “Epiboxidine and novel-related analogues: a convenient synthetic approach and estimation of their affinity at neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 18, no. 16, pp. 4651–4654, 2008.
- M. Oyaizu, “Studies on product of browning reaction prepared from glucose amine,” Japanese Journal of Nutrition, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 307–315, 1986.
- E. A. Decker and B. Welch, “Role of ferritin as a lipid oxidation catalyst in muscle food,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 674–677, 1990.
- W. Brand-Williams, M. E. Cuvelier, and C. Berset, “Use of a free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity,” LWT—Food Science and Technology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 1995.