- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 938714, 5 pages
High-Speed Reduction of Triarylpyrylium Salts Using Zn(BH4)2/SiO2 as an Efficient and Regiospecific Reducing Reagent
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Shahid Chamran, Ahvaz 6135743151, Iran
Received 19 June 2012; Accepted 4 August 2012
Academic Editor: Darren Sun
Copyright © 2013 Arash Mouradzadegun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. W. Gibson and F. C. Bailey, “Chemical modification of polymers. borohydride reducing agents derived from anion exchange resins,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, no. 22, p. 815, 1977.
- B. P. Bandgar, R. K. Modhave, P. P. Wadgaonkar, and A. R. Sande, “Selective reduction of mixed anhydrides of carboxylic acids to alcohols using borohydride exchange resin (BER)-nickel acetate,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1, no. 16, pp. 1993–1994, 1996.
- B. P. Bandgar and V. T. Kamble, “Sulfurated borohydride exchange resin: a novel reagent for selective reduction of aldehydes,” Synthetic Communications, vol. 31, no. 19, pp. 3037–3040, 2001.
- R. O. Hutchins, N. R. Natale, and I. M. Taffer, “Cyanoborohydride supported on an anion exchange resin as a selective reducing agent,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, no. 24, pp. 1088–1089, 1978.
- P. Crabbé, G. A. García, and C. Ríus, “Synthesis of novel bicyclic prostaglandins by photochemical cycloaddition reactions,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1, pp. 810–816, 1973.
- B. C. Ranu and A. R. Das, “Regio- and stereo-selective reductive cleavage of epoxides with zinc borohydride supported on silica gel,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, no. 19, pp. 1334–1335, 1990.
- B. Tamami, M. M. Lakouraj, and H. Yeganeh, “Regioselective reductive cleavage of terminal epoxides with polymer-supported chloroaluminium tetrahydroborate,” Journal of Chemical Research, no. 9, pp. 330–331, 1997.
- D. C. Sarkar, A. R. Das, and B. C. Ranu, “Use of zinc borohydride as an efficient and highly selective reducing agent. selective reduction of ketones and conjugated aldehydes over conjugated enones,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 22, pp. 5799–5801, 1990.
- A. T. Balaban, G. Mihai, and C. D. Nenitzescu, “Reduction of pyrylium salts with sodium borohydride,” Tetrahedron, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 257–259, 1962.
- E. N. Marvell and T. Gosink, “Valence isomerization of 2,4,6-trimethyl-2H-pyran,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 37, no. 19, pp. 3036–3037, 1972.
- T. S. Balaban and A. T. Balaban, “Δ3-Dihydropyrans and tetrahydropyrans by reduction of pyrylium salts with sodium borohydride in acetic acid,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1341–1344, 1987.
- T. S. Balaban and A. T. Balaban, “4-phenyl-substituted Delta-3-dihydropyrans from pyrylium salts by reduction with sodium borohydride in acetic acid,” Organic Preparation and Procedures International: The New Journal for Organic Synthesis, vol. 20, pp. 231–236, 1988.
- A. T. Balaban, C. Bratu, and C. N. Rentea, “One-electron reduction of pyrylium salts,” Tetrahedron, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 265–269, 1964.
- A. Mouradzadegun and N. Gheitasvand, “Efficient reduction of thiopyrylium salts to corresponding 2H- and 4H-thiopyrans under solvent-free condition: regioselectivity and mechanism,” Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and the Related Elements, vol. 180, no. 5-6, pp. 1385–1388, 2005.
- M. R. Ganjali, P. Norouzi, M. Emami, M. Golmohammadi, and A. Mouradzadegun, “Novel cesium membrane sensor based on a cavitand,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1209–1214, 2006.
- M. R. Ganjali, V. Akbar, A. Daftari, P. Norouzi, H. Pirelahi, and A. Mouradzadegun, “Highly selective PVC-based membrane electrode based on 2,6-diphenylpyrylium fluoroborate,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2004.
- A. Mouradzadegun and H. Pirelahi, “Novel regioselective photochemical transformation of 4-methyl-2,4,6-triphenyl-4H-thiopyran-1,1-dioxide,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 203–205, 2001.
- A. Mouradzadegun and H. Pirelahi, “Synthesis and photoisomerization of 4,4-diphenyl-2,6-di(p-methoxyphenyl)-4H-thiopyran-1,1-dioxide, an approach to the regioselectivity in photorearrangement of 2,4,4,6-tetraaryl-4H-thiopyran-1,1-dioxides,” Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and Related Elements, vol. 165, pp. 149–154, 2000.
- A. Mouradzadegun and H. Pirelahi, “Kinetic study on photoisomerization of some tetra- and hexasubstituted 4H-thiopyrans,” Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and Related Elements, vol. 157, pp. 193–199, 2000.
- A. Mouradzadegun, F. G. Hezave, and M. Karimnia, “Reductive alkylation of pentaphenylthiopyrylium perchlorate: an approach to regiospecific synthesis of hexasubstituted 2H-thiopyrans,” Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and the Related Elements, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 84–87, 2010.
- A. T. Balaban, A. Dinculescu, et al., “Pyrylium salts. syntheses, reactions and physical properties,” in Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, A. R. Katritzky, Ed., vol. 2, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- A. T. Balaban, W. Schroth, and G. W. Fischer, “Pyrylium salts,” in Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, A. R. Katritzky, Ed., vol. 10, p. 241, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1969.