- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 953968, 6 pages
Removal of Pb(II) Ions in Fixed-Bed Column from Electroplating Wastewater of Bursa, an Industrial City in Turkey
1Department of Chemistry, Uludağ University, Görükle, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
2Department of Environmental Engineering, Uludağ University, Görükle, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
Received 14 May 2013; Accepted 16 August 2013
Academic Editor: Carlos Guerrero-Sanchez
Copyright © 2013 Ali Kara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ledesma, S. A. Bortolato, C. E. Boschetti, and D. M. Martino, “Optimization of environmentally benign polymers based on thymine and poly vinyl sulfonate using Plackett-Burman design and surface response,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 947137, 9 pages, 2013.
- M. J. El, J. Frederique, L. G. Georges, and E. Driss, “Removal of metal ions in aqueous solutions by organic polymers: use of a polydiphenylamine resin,” Desalination, vol. 180, no. 1–3, pp. 271–276, 2005.
- J. W. Patterson, Industrial Wastewater Treatment Technology, Butterworths, Stoneham, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1985.
- Y. I. Tarasevich and G. M. Klimova, “Complex-forming adsorbents based on kaolinite, aluminium oxide and polyphosphates for the extraction and concentration of heavy metals ions from water solutions,” Applied Clay Science, vol. 19, no. 1–6, pp. 95–101, 2001.
- T. Saito, “Transport of cadmium(II) ion through a supported liquid membrane containing a bathocuproine,” Separation Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1495–1506, 1991.
- R. K. Gupta, R. A. Singh, and S. S. Dubey, “Removal of mercury ions from aqueous solutions by composite of polyaniline with polystyrene,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 225–232, 2004.
- S. Kundu and A. K. Gupta, “Analysis and modeling of fixed bed column operations on As(V) removal by adsorption onto iron oxide-coated cement (IOCC),” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 290, no. 1, pp. 52–60, 2005.
- A. Kara, L. Uzun, N. Beşirli, and A. Denizli, “Poly(ethylene glycol dimethacrylate-n-vinyl imidazole) beads for heavy metal removal,” Journal of Hazardous Materials B, vol. 106, no. 2-3, pp. 93–99, 2004.
- APHA, AWWA, and WPCF, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, American Public Health Association, Washington, DC, USA, 20th edition, 1998.
- N. Sankararamakrishnan, P. Kumar, and V. Singh Chauhan, “Modeling fixed bed column for cadmium removal from electroplating wastewater,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 213–219, 2008.
- Z. Zulfadhly, M. D. Mashitah, and S. Bhatia, “Heavy metals removal in fixed-bed column by the macro fungus Pycnoporus sanguineus,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 463–470, 2001.
- G. S. Bohart and E. Q. Adams, “Some aspects of the behavior of charcoal with respect to chlorine,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 523–543, 1920.
- U. Kumar and M. Bandyopadhyay, “Fixed bed column study for Cd(II) removal from wastewater using treated rice husk,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 129, no. 1–3, pp. 253–259, 2006.
- B. Volesky and I. Prasetyo, “Cadmium removal in a biosorption column,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1010–1015, 1994.
- P. K. Pahari and M. M. Sharma, “Recovery of heterocyclic amines from dilute aqueous waste streams,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1880–1886, 1991.
- G. M. Walker and L. R. Weatherley, “Adsorption of acid dyes on to granular activated carbon in fixed beds,” Water Research, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 2093–2101, 1997.
- B. G. P. Kumar, L. R. Miranda, and M. Velan, “Adsorption of Bismark brown dye on activated carbons prepared from rubberwood sawdust (Hevea brasiliensis) using different activation methods,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 126, no. 1–3, pp. 63–70, 2005.