- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Computer Networks and Communications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 837495, 8 pages
On Spectrum Sensing for TV White Space in China
1Department of Communication Technologies, University of Duisburg-Essen, 47057 Duisburg, Germany
2Communication Technology Research Department, Huawei Tech. Co., Ltd, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610041, China
3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
Received 13 February 2012; Accepted 7 May 2012
Academic Editor: Luca Ronga
Copyright © 2012 Christian Kocks et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Van De Beek, J. Riihijärvi, A. Achtzehn, and P. Mähönen, “UHF white space in Europe—a quantitative study into the potential of the 470–790 MHz band,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN '11), pp. 1–9, May 2011.
- FCC, “Report 10-174: in the matter of unlicensed operation in the TV broadcast bands, additional spectrum for unlicensed devices below 900 MHz and in the 3 GHz band—second memorandum opinion and order,” Tech. Rep. 10-174, September 2010.
- IEEE, “IEEE 802.22 Working Group on Wireless Regional Area Networks,” http://www.ieee802.org/22.
- W. Fischer, Digital Video and Audio Broadcasting Technology: A Practical Engineering Guide, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 2010.
- Std. GB 20 600-2006, “Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital television terrestrial broadcasting system,” Std. GB 20 600-2006, August 2006.
- Std. GY/T 220.1-2006, “Mobile multimedia broadcasting part 1—frame structure, channel coding and modulation for broadcasting channel, SARFT—the state administration of radio, film and television,” Std. GY/T 220.1-2006, 2006.
- Std. GB 3174-1995, “Characteristics of PAL-D television broadcasting system,” Std. GB 3174-1995, December 1995.
- IEEE Std. 802.22, “Standard for cognitive wireless regional area networks (RAN) for operation in TV band,” IEEE Std. 802.22, July 2011.
- FCC, Evaluation of the Performance of Prototype TV-Band White Space Devices Phase II, October 2008.
- V. Gaddam and M. Ghosh, “Robust sensing of DVB-T signals,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum (DySPAN '10), pp. 1–8, April 2010.
- A. Xu, Q. Shi, Z. Yang, K. Peng, and J. Song, “Spectrum sensing for DTMB system based on PN cross-correlation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10), pp. 1–5, May 2010.
- L. Wenqi, X. Ning, G. Lijun, Z. Yingxin, and W. Hong, “Spectrum sensing methods for DTMB based cognitive radio systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Information Science and Engineering (ICISE '09), pp. 2730–2733, December 2009.
- ETSI Std. EN 300 744 V1.6.1, “Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB): framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television (DVB-T),” ETSI Std. EN 300 744 V1.6.1, January 2009.