- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Computer Networks and Communications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 893867, 12 pages
Metric-Based Cooperative Routing in Multihop Ad Hoc Networks
Department of Information and Communication Technology, University of Agder (UiA), 4898 Grimstad, Norway
Received 14 May 2011; Revised 22 December 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Eduardo Da Silva
Copyright © 2012 Xin He and Frank Y. Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Cai, X. Shen, J. W. Mark, and A. S. Alfa, “Semi-distributed user relaying algorithm for amplify-and-forward wireless relay networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1348–1357, 2008.
- T. M. Cover and A. A. E. Gamal, “Capacity theorems for the relay channel,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 572–584, 1979.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, “Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062–3080, 2004.
- J. N. Laneman, G. W. Wornell, and D. N. C. Tse, “An efficient protocol for realizing cooperative diversity in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '01), p. 294, June 2001.
- T. E. Hunter and A. Nosratinia, “Cooperation diversity through coding,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, p. 220, July 2002.
- J. Alonso-Zárate, E. Kartsakli, C. Verikoukis, and L. Alonso, “Persistent RCSMA: a MAC protocol for a distributed cooperative ARQ scheme in wireless networks,” Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2008, Article ID 817401, 2008.
- A. Azgin, Y. Altunbasak, and G. Alregib, “Cooperative MAC and routing protocols for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '05), pp. 2854–2859, December 2005.
- S. Moh, C. Yu, S. M. Park, H. N. Kim, and J. Park, “CD-MAC: cooperative diversity MAC for robust communication in wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 3636–3641, June 2007.
- P. Liu, Z. Tao, S. Narayanan, T. Korakis, and S. S. Panwar, “CoopMAC: a cooperative MAC for wireless LANs,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 340–353, 2007.
- X. He and F. Y. Li, “Cooperative MAC design in multi-hop wireless networks: Part I: when source and destination are within the transmission range of each other,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 57, pp. 339–350, 2011.
- B. Gui, L. Dai, and L. J. Cimini, “Routing strategies in multihop cooperative networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 2, Article ID 4786446, pp. 843–855, 2009.
- S.-H. Chen, U. Mitra, and B. Krishnamachari, “Cooperative communication and routing over fading channels in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Networks, Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 2, pp. 1477–1482, June 2005.
- A. E. Khandani, J. Abounadi, E. Modiano, and L. Zheng, “Cooperative routing in static wirelessnetworks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 2185–2192, 2007.
- S. Moh, “Two cooperation models and their optimal routing for cooperative diversity in wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS '08), pp. 57–61, October 2008.
- R. Ramanathan, “Challenges: a radically new architecture for next generation mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '05), pp. 132–139, September 2005.
- K. Vijayasankar, L. N. Kannan, M. Tacca, and A. Fumagalli, “CETT: a cross layer routing metric for cooperative wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS '09), pp. 587–589, September 2009.
- Q. Liu, S. Zhou, and G. B. Giannakis, “Cross-layer combining of adaptive modulation and Coding with truncated ARQ over wireless links,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 1746–1755, 2004.
- X. He, F. Y. Li, and J. Lin, “Link adaptation with combined optimal frame size and rate selection in error-prone 802.11n networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS '08), pp. 733–737, October 2008.
- IEEE 802.11 WG, “Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications,” IEEE Std, 2007.
- T. Clausen and P. Jacquet, “Optimized Link State Routing Protocol (OLSR),” IETF RFC 3626, 2003.
- T. Lopatic, “Link Quality Extensions to OLSR,” http://www.olsr.org/docs/README-Link-Quality.html.
- I. Ebert, S. Aier, G. Kofahl, A. Becker, B. Bums, and A. Wolisz, “Measurement and simulation of the energy consumption of an WLAN interface,” Tech. Rep. TKN-02-010, Technical University Berlin Telecommunication Networks Group, Germany, 2002.