- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Computer Networks and Communications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 405858, 10 pages
Obtaining More Realistic Cross-Layer QoS Measurements: A VoIP over LTE Use Case
Department of Languages and Computer Science, University of Malaga, UMA, Campus Teatinos, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Received 12 December 2012; Revised 4 June 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Maria G. Martini
Copyright © 2013 F. Javier Rivas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Bontu and E. Illidge, “DRX mechanism for power saving in LTE,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 48–55, 2009.
- D. Jiang, H. Wang, E. Malkamaki, and E. Tuomaala, “Principle and performance of semi-persistent scheduling for VoIP in LTE system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM '07), pp. 2861–2864, September 2007.
- X. Mang, Y. Levy, C. Johnson, and D. Hoeflin, “Admission control for VoIP calls with heterogeneous codecs,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Wireless and Optical Communications Conference (WOCC '09), pp. 1–4, May 2009.
- O. Fresan, T. Chen, K. Ranta-aho, and T. Ristaniemi, “Dynamic packet bundling for VoIP transmission over Rel'7 HSUPA with 10ms TTI length,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS '07), pp. 508–512, October 2007.
- J. Puttonen, T. Henttonen, N. Kolehmainen, K. Aschan, M. Moisio, and P. Kela, “Voice-over-IP performance in UTRA long term evolution Downlink,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 67th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring '08), pp. 2502–2506, May 2008.
- R. Susitaival and M. Meyer, “LTE coverage improvement by TTI bundling,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 69th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring '09), esp, April 2009.
- NGMN, “NGMN top OPE recommendations version 1.0.21,” Tech. Rep., NGMN Alliance, 2010.
- A. Diaz, P. Merino, and F. J. Rivas, “Test environment for QoS testing of VoIP over LTE,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS '12), pp. 780–794, 2012.
- 3GPP, “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), Circuit Switched (CS) fallback in Evolved Packet System (EPS), stage 2,” TS 23.272.
- GSMA, “Permanent Reference Document (PRD) IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) profile for voice and SMS,” GSMA IR92, 2012.
- V. Forum, “Voice over LTE via generic access, requirements specification, phase1,” TS 1.4.0, 2010.
- ETSI, “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+), Generic Access Network (GAN), stage 2,” TS 43.318, 2012.
- M. Forum, “MSF VoLTE interoperability event 2011. Multivendor testing in global LTE and IMS Networks,” WhitePaper, 2011.
- Epitiro, “LTE “Real World” Performance Study. Broadband and voice over LTE, (VoLTE) quality analysis: TeliaSonera,” Tech. Rep., Epitiro, 2011.
- 3GPP, “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), LTE, Services and service capabilities,” TS 22.105.
- 3GPP, “Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS); Multimedia telephony; Media handling and interaction,” TS 26.114.
- A. T. Harri Holma, LTE for UMTS: Evolution to LTEAdvanced, chapter 8, Wiley, 2011.
- 3GPP, “LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Radio Resource Control (RRC); Protocol specification,” TS 36.331.
- 3GPP, “LTE; General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) enhancements for Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN) access,” TS 23.401.
- 3GPP, “LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); Overall description; stage 2,” TS 36.300.
- 3GPP, “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); LTE; Policy and charging control architecture,” TS 23.203.
- A. Díaz, P. Merino Gomez, and F. Rivas Tocado, “Mobile application profiling for connected mobile devices,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 54–61, 2010.
- A. Alvarez, A. Diaz, P. Merino, and F. J. Rivas, “Field measurements of mobile services with android smartphones,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC '12), pp. 105–109, 2012.
- I. T. U. -T, “Perceptual evaluation of speech quality (PESQ): an objective method for end-to-end speech quality assessment of narrow-band telephone networks and speech codecs,” Recommendation P.862.
- 3GPP, “Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (EUTRA); User Equipment (UE) conformance specification; radio transmission and reception; part 1: conformance testing,” Tech. Rep. 36.521-1, TS.
- O. Heckmann, The Competitive Internet Service Provider: Network Architecture, Interconnection, Traffic Engineering and Network Design, Wiley, 2007, Edited by, D. Hutchison.
- H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederick, and V. Jacobson, RTP: A Transport Protocol For Real-Time Applications, Internet Engineering Task Force, RFC.
- A. Díaz, P. Merino, and A. Salmerón, “Obtaining models for realistic mobile network simulations using real traces,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 782–784, 2011.