- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Computer Networks and Communications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 970597, 9 pages
DS+: Reliable Distributed Snapshot Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Computer Engineering, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Received 29 August 2012; Revised 9 November 2012; Accepted 1 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yueh M. Huang
Copyright © 2013 Gamze Uslu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. D. Kshemkalyani, M. Raynal, and M. Singhal, “An introduction to snapshot algorithms in distributed computing,” Distributed Systems Engineering, vol. 2, no. 4, article 005, pp. 224–233, 1995.
- A. da Silva, F. Teixeira, R. Lage, L. Ruiz, A. Loureiro, and J. Nogueira, “Using a distributed snapshot algorithm in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems (FTDCS '03), pp. 31–37, May 2003.
- A. D. Kshemkalyani, “Fast and message-efficient global snapshot algorithms for large-scale distributed systems,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1281–1289, 2010.
- W. Wu, H. Liu, and H. Wu, “Res: a robust and efficient snapshot algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW '12), pp. 231–236, June 2012.
- A. Segall, “Distributed network protocols,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 29, pp. 23–35, 1983.
- J. Paek and R. Govindan, “RCRT: rate-controlled reliable transport for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '07), pp. 305–319, November 2007.
- Y. G. Iyer, S. Gandham, and S. Venkatesan, “STCP: a generic transport layer protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '05), pp. 449–454, October 2005.
- S. Kim, R. Fonseca, P. Dutta et al., “Flush: a reliable bulk transport protocol for multihop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '07), pp. 351–365, New York, NY, USA, November 2007.
- Y. Zhou, M. R. Lyu, J. Liu, and H. Wang, “PORT: a price-oriented reliable transport protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE '05), pp. 117–126, November 2005.
- A. Sharif, V. Potdar, and A. J. D. Rathnayaka, “Priority enabled transport layer protocol for wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA '10), pp. 583–588, April 2010.
- E. Giancoli, F. Jabour, and A. Pedroza, “CTCP: reliable transport control protocol for Sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP '08), pp. 493–498, December 2008.
- K. M. Chandy and L. Lamport, “Distributed snapshots: determining global states of distributed systems,” ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 63–75, 1985.
- J. Lian, L. Chen, K. Nak, Y. Liu, and G. B. Agnew, “Gradient boundary detection for time series snapshot construction in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1462–1475, 2007.
- P. Levis, N. Lee, M. Welsh, and D. Culler, “TOSSIM: accurate and scalable simulation of entire TinyOS applications,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 126–137, New York, NY, USA, November 2003.
- U. Department, TinyOS: an operating system for sensor networks, http://www.tinyos.net/.
- T. Crossbow, TelosB Data Sheet, http://www.xbow.com/.