- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 402017, 13 pages
On Motion Planning for Point-to-Point Maneuvers for a Class of Sailing Vehicles
Mads Clausen Institute, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Alsion 2, 6400 Sønderborg, Denmark
Received 21 April 2011; Revised 5 July 2011; Accepted 18 July 2011
Academic Editor: Onur Toker
Copyright © 2011 Lin Xiao and Jerome Jouffroy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Yeh and J. Bin, “Fuzzy control for self-steering of a sailboat,” in Proceedings of the Singapore International Conference on Intelligent Control and Instrumentation, vol. 2, pp. 1339–1344, February 1992.
- R. Van Aartrijk, C. Tagliola, and P. Adriaans, “Ai on the ocean: the robosail project,” in Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1999.
- R. Stelzer, T. Proll, and R. John, “Fuzzy logic control system for autonomous sailboats,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Fuzzy Systems Conference (FUZZY-IEEE '07), pp. 1–6, July 2007.
- Y. Masuyama, T. Fukasawa, and H. Sasagawa, “Tacking simulation of sailing yachts—numerical integration of equations of motion and application of neural network technique,” in Proceedings of the 12th Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium, 1995.
- K. Nomoto, Y. Masuyama, and A. Sakurai, “Sailing performance of “naniwa-maru,” a full-scale reconstruction of sailing trader of Japanese heritage,” in Proceedings of the 15th Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium, 2001.
- J. Keuning, K. Vermeulen, and E. de Ridder, “A generic mathematical model for the maneuvering and tacking of a sailing yacht,” in Proceedings of the 17th Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium, pp. 143–163, March 2005.
- C. Xiao and P. Austin, “Yacht modelling and adaptive control,” in Proceedings of the IFAC Conference on Manoeuvering and Control of Marine Craft, 2000.
- G. Elkaim and R. Kelbley, “Station keeping and segmented trajectory control of a wind-propelled autonomous catamaran,” in Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2424–2429, December 2006.
- J. Jouffroy, “A control strategy for steering an autonomous surface sailing vehicle in a tacking maneuver,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '09), pp. 2391–2396, October 2009.
- J. Jouffroy, “On steering a sailing ship in a wearing maneuver,” in Proceedings of the 8th IFAC International Conference on Manoeuvring and Control of Marine Craft, 2009.
- T. Fossen, Marine Control Systems: Guidance, Navigation and Control of Ships, Rigs and Underwater Vehicles, Marine Cybernetics, 2002.
- S. Simakov, C. Kaya, and S. Lucas, “Computations for time-optimal bang-bang control using a lagrangian formulation,” in Proceedings of the 15th World Congress of IFAC, 2002.
- G. Lastman, “A shooting method for solving two-point boundary-value problems arising from non-singular bang-bang optimal control problems,” International Journal of Control, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 513–524, 1978.
- S. Belghith, F. Lamnabhi-Lagarrigue, and M.-M. Rosset, “Bang-bang solutions for a class of problems arising in thermal control,” in Nonlinear Control and Systems Theory, M. Fliess and M. Hazewinkel, Eds., Algebraic and Geometric Methods, pp. 623–632, Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1986.
- L. Xiao and J. Jouffroy, “Reflexions on feedforward control strategies for a class of sailing vehicles,” in Proceedings of the 8th IFAC Conference on Control Applications in Marine Systems (CAMS '10), September 2010.
- L. Xiao and J. Jouffroy, “On path generation and feedforward control for a class of surface sailing vessels,” in Proceedings of the 55th International Scientific Colloquium (IWK '10), September 2010.
- E. Sontag, Mathematical Control Theory: Deterministic Finite Dimensional Systems, Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- K. Astrom and R. Murray, Feedback Systems, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2008.
- W. Rugh, Linear System Theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1996.
- S. Sastry, Nonlinear Systems: Analysis, Stability, and Control, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- H. Ramirez and S. Agrawal, Differentially Flat Systems, Control Engineering, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- H. Sussmann, Nonlinear Controllability and Optimal Control, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- A. Singh and J. Hahn, “On the use of empirical gramians for controllability and observability analysis,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 140–146, June 2005.
- T. Ionescu and J. Scherpen, “Nonlinear cross gramians and gradient systems,” in Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 3745–3750, December 2007.
- U. Ascher and R. Russell, “Reformulation of boundary value problems into “standard” form,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Review, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 238–254, 1981.
- R. Stelzer and T. Proll, “Autonomous sailboat navigation for short course racing,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 604–614, 2008.
- R. Goebel, R. Sanfelice, and A. Teel, “Hybrid dynamical systems,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 28–93, 2009.
- S. K. Lucas and C. Y. Kaya, “Switching-time computation for bang-bang control laws,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, vol. 1, pp. 176–181, June 2001.