- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 413074, 10 pages
Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Controlling VTOL Airframe
1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
2Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Received 29 April 2011; Revised 7 September 2011; Accepted 12 September 2011
Academic Editor: Onur Toker
Copyright © 2011 Michal Jama and Dale Schinstock. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Klein and D. Murray, “Parallel tracking and mapping for small AR workspaces,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR '07), Nara, Japan, November 2007.
- G. Klein and D. Murray, “Improving the agility of keyframe-based SLAM,” in Proceedings 10th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV '08), pp. 802–815, Marseille, France, October 2008.
- H. Strasdat, J. M. M. Montiel, and A. J. Davison, “Real-time monocular SLAM: why filter?” in Proceedings of International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, Adelaide, Australia, December 2010.
- R. O. Castle, G. Klein, and D. W. Murray, “Video-rate localization in multiple maps forwearable augmented reality,” in Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC '08), pp. 15–22, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, September-October 2008.
- A. Bachrach, R. He, and N. Roy, “Autonomous fight in unknown indoor environments,” International Journal of Micro Air Vehicles, vol. 1, pp. 217–228, December 2009.
- M. Blösch, S. Weiss, D. Scaramuzza, and R. Siegwart, “Vision based MAV navigation in unknown and unstructured environments,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '10), pp. 21–28, May 2010.
- G. Nützi, S. Weiss, D. Scaramuzza, and R. Siegwart, “Fusion of IMU and vision for absolute scale estimation in monocular SLAM,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 61, no. 1–4, pp. 287–299, 2011.
- J. H. Kim and S. Sukkarieh, “Airborne simultaneous localisation and map building,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '03), pp. 406–411, September 2003.
- J. Artieda, J. M. Sebastian, P. Campoy et al., “Visual 3-D SLAM from UAVs,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 55, no. 4-5, pp. 299–321, 2009.
- F. Caballero, L. Merino, J. Ferruz, and A. Ollero, “Vision-based odometry and SLAM for medium and high altitude flying UAVs,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 54, no. 1–3, pp. 137–161, 2009.
- R. O. Castle and D. W. Murray, “Object recognition and localization while tracking and mapping,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, pp. 179–180, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, Calif, USA, 2009.
- E. Rosten and T. Drummond, “Machine learning for high-speed corner detection,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Vision, vol. 1, pp. 430–443, May 2006.
- O. Faugeras and F. Lustman, “Motion and structure from motion in a piecewise planar environment,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 485–508, 1998.
- S. Benhimane and E. Malis, “Real-time image-based tracking of planes using efficient second-order minimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 943–948, October 2004.
- S. Benhimane and E. Malis, “Homography-based 2D visual tracking and servoing,” Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 661–676, 2007.
- G. Klein and D. Murray, “Parallel tracking and mapping on a camera phone,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR '09), pp. 83–86, Orlando, Fla, USA, October 2009.
- H. Bay, A. Ess, T. Tuytelaars, and L. V. Gool, “Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF),” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 346–359, 2008.
- G. Bradski, “The openCV library,” Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools, 2000.