- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 923679, 13 pages
Parameter Selection Guidelines for a Parabolic Sliding Mode Filter Based on Frequency and Time Domain Characteristics
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyushu University, Motooka 744, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
Received 1 August 2012; Revised 29 October 2012; Accepted 4 November 2012
Academic Editor: Mohamed Zribi
Copyright © 2012 Shanhai Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. C. Gallagher and L. W. Gary, “A theoretical analysis of the properties of median filters,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1136–1141, 1981.
- V. G. Moshnyaga and K. Hashimoto, “An efficient implementation of 1-D median filter,” in Proceedings of the 52nd IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS '09), pp. 451–454, August 2009.
- F. Janabi-Sharifi, V. Hayward, and C. S. J. Chen, “Discrete-time adaptive windowing for velocity estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1003–1009, 2000.
- G. Welch and G. Bishop, “An introduction to the Kalman filter,” Tech. Rep. TR 95-041, Department of Computer Science, University of North Carolina, 1995.
- P. Hargrave, “A tutorial introduction to Kalman filtering,” in Proceedings of the IEE Colloquium on Kalman Filters: Introduction, Applications and Future Developments, pp. 1–6, 1989.
- K. K. Ahn and D. Q. Truong, “Online tuning fuzzy PID controller using robust extended Kalman filter,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1011–1023, 2009.
- C. A. Lightcap and S. A. Banks, “An extended kalman filter for real-time estimation and control of a rigid-link flexible-joint manipulator,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 91–103, 2010.
- J. J. E. Slotine, J. K. Hedrick, and E. A. Misawa, “On sliding observers for nonlinear systems,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 1987.
- F. Chen and M. W. Dunnigan, “Comparative study of a sliding-mode observer and Kalman filters for full state estimation in an induction machine,” IEE Proceedings on Electric Power Applications, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 53–64, 2002.
- A. Alessandri, “Sliding-mode estimators for a class of non-linear systems affected by bounded disturbances,” International Journal of Control, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 226–236, 2003.
- A. Levant, “Robust exact differentiation via sliding mode technique,” Automatica, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 379–384, 1998.
- J. A. Moreno and M. Osorio, “A Lyapunov approach to second-order sliding mode controllers and observers,” in Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '08), pp. 2856–2861, December 2008.
- N. K. M'sirdi, A. Rabhi, L. Fridman, J. Davila, and Y. Delanne, “Second order sliding mode observer for estimation of velocities, wheel sleep, radius and stiffness,” in Proceedings of the 2006 American Control Conference, pp. 3316–3321, June 2006.
- J. Davila, L. Fridman, and A. Levant, “Second-order sliding-mode observer for mechanical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1785–1789, 2005.
- S. Solvar, V. Le, M. Ghanes, J. P. Barbot, and G. Santomenna, “Sensorless second order sliding mode observer for induction motor,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control Applications (CCA '10), pp. 1933–1938, September 2010.
- N. K. M'Sirdi, A. Rabhi, L. Fridman, J. Davila, and Y. Delanne, “Second order sliding-mode observer for estimation of vehicle dynamic parameters,” International Journal of Vehicle Design, vol. 48, no. 3-4, pp. 190–207, 2008.
- J. Q. Han and W. Wang, “Nonlinear trackingdifferentiator,” Journal of Systems Science and Mathematical Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 177–183, 1994 (Chinese).
- T. Emaru and T. Tsuchiya, “Research on estimating the smoothed value and the differential of the sensor inputs by using sliding mode system (application to ultrasonic wave sensor),” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, vol. 66, no. 652, pp. 3947–3954, 2000 (Japanese).
- T. Emaru and T. Tsuchiya, “Research on estimating smoothed value and differential value by using sliding mode system,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 391–402, 2003.
- J. Q. Han, W. Wang, T. Emaru, and T. Tsuchiya, “Comments on ‘research on estimating smoothed value and differential value by using sliding mode system’,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 21, no. 6, p. 1241, 2005.
- T. Emaru and T. Tsuchiya, “Research on signal tracking performance of nonlinear digital filter ESDS,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 2352–2359, 2004 (Japanese).
- J. Q. Han and Y. C. Huang, “Frequency characteristic of second-order tracking-differentiator,” Mathematics in Practice and Theory, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 71–74, 2003 (Chinese).
- B. Z. Guo and Z. L. Zhao, “On convergence of tracking differentiator,” International Journal of Control, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 693–701, 2011.
- Y. X. Su, B. Y. Duan, C. H. Zheng, Y. F. Zhang, G. D. Chen, and J. W. Mi, “Disturbance-rejection high-precision motion control of a stewart platform,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 364–374, 2004.
- Z. Gao, Y. Huang, and J. Han, “An alternative paradigm for control system design,” in Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '01), pp. 4578–4585, December 2001.
- J. Han, “From PID to active disturbance rejection control,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 900–906, 2009.
- Y. X. Su, D. Sun, and B. Y. Duan, “Design of an enhanced nonlinear PID controller,” Mechatronics, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1005–1024, 2005.
- Y. X. Su, B. Y. Duan, and C. H. Zheng, “Nonlinear PID control of a six-DOF parallel manipulator,” IEE Proceedings on Control Theory and Applications, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 95–102, 2004.
- X. Peng, S. Cheng, and J. Wen, “Application of nonlinear PID controller in superconducting magnetic energy storage,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 296–301, 2005.
- S. Jin, R. Kikuuwe, and M. Yamamoto, “Real-time quadratic sliding mode filter for removing noise,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 26, no. 8-9, pp. 877–896, 2012.
- S. Jin, R. Kikuuwe, and M. Yamamoto, “Improved velocity feedback for position control by using a quadratic sliding mode filter,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1207–1212, 2011.
- R. Kikuuwe, N. Takesue, and H. Fujimoto, “A control framework to generate nonenergy-storing virtual fixtures: use of simulated plasticity,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 781–793, 2008.
- R. Kikuuwe, S. Yasukouchi, H. Fujimoto, and M. Yamamoto, “Proxy-based sliding mode control: a safer extension of PID position control,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 670–683, 2010.
- V. Acary and B. Brogliato, “Implicit Euler numerical scheme and chattering-free implementation of sliding mode systems,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 284–293, 2010.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- A. C. Schouten, E. de Vlugt, J. J. B. van Hilten, and F. C. T. van der Helm, “Design of a torque-controlled manipulator to analyse the admittance of the wrist joint,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 154, no. 1-2, pp. 134–141, 2006.
- C. Ott, R. Mukherjee, and Y. Nakamura, “Unified impedance and admittance control,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '10), pp. 554–561, May 2010.
- R. Q. van der Linde and P. Lammertse, “HapticMaster—a generic force controlled robot for human interaction,” Industrial Robot, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 515–524, 2003.