- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 342949, 10 pages
Implementation of Control System for Hydrokinetic Energy Converter
Division of Electricity, Department of Engineering Science, Uppsala University, P.O. Box 534, 75121 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 24 September 2012; Revised 21 March 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Pierluigi Siano
Copyright © 2013 Katarina Yuen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Thomas, Low speed energy conversion from marine currents [Ph.D. thesis], Uppsala University, 2007.
- K. Yuen, System aspects of marine current energy conversion [Licentiate thesis], Uppsala University, 2008.
- M. Grabbe, Marine current energy conversion—resource and technology [Licentiate thesis], Uppsala University, 2009.
- E. Lalander, Modelling the hydrokinetic energy resource for in-stream energy converters [Licentiate thesis], Uppsala University, 2010.
- M. Grabbe, K. Yuen, A. Goude, E. Lalander, and M. Leijon, “Design of an experimental setup for hydro-kinetic energy conversion,” International Journal on Hydropower and Dams, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 112–116, 2009.
- K. Yuen, S. Lundin, M. Grabbe, E. Lalander, A. Goude, and M. Leijon, “The Söderfors project: construction of an experimental hydrokinetic power station,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC '11), pp. 1–5, Southampton, UK, September 2011.
- E. Lalander and M. Leijon, “Numerical modeling of a river site for in-stream energy converters,” in Proceedings of the 8th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC '09), pp. 826––832, Uppsala, Sweden, 2009.
- K. Thomas, M. Grabbe, K. Yuen, and M. Leijon, “A low speed generator for energy conversion from marine currents—experimental validation of simulations,” Proceedings of the IMechE A: Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 222, no. 4, pp. 381––388, 2008.
- J. Manwell, J. McGowan, and A. Rogers, Wind Energy Explained—Theory, Design and Application, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2002.
- I. Munteanu, A. I. Bratcu, N.-A. Cutululis, and E. Ceangă, Optimal Control of Wind Energy Systems, Towards a Global Approach, Advances in Industrial Control, Springer, 2008.
- K. Yuen, K. Thomas, M. Grabbe et al., “Matching a permanent magnet synchronous generator to a fixed pitch vertical axis turbine for marine current energy conversion,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 24–31, 2009.
- J. A. Clarke, G. Connor, A. D. Grant, and C. M. Johnstone, “Regulating the output characteristics of tidal current power stations to facilitate better base load matching over the lunar cycle,” Renewable Energy, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 173–180, 2006.
- Z. Hu and X. Du, “Reliability analysis for hydrokinetic turbine blades,” Renewable Energy, vol. 48, pp. 251––262, 2012.
- E. A. Bossanyi, “The design of closed loop controllers for wind turbines,” Wind Energy, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 149––163, 2000.
- G. Mokryani, P. Siano, A. Piccolo, and Z. Chen, “Improving fault ride-through capability of variable speed wind turbines in distribution networks,” IEEE Systems Journal, 2012.
- J. Kjellin and H. Bernhoff, “Electrical starter system for an H-rotor type VAWT with PM-generator and auxiliary winding,” Wind Engineering, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 85–92, 2011.
- T. L. Skvarenina, The Power Electronics Handbook, Industrial Electronics, CRC Press, 2002.
- S. Eriksson and H. Bernhoff, “Loss evaluation and design optimisation for direct driven permanent magnet synchronous generators for wind power,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 265–271, 2011.