- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Control Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 801237, 10 pages
Real-Time Energy Management Control for Hybrid Electric Powertrains
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Received 19 December 2012; Accepted 9 April 2013
Academic Editor: Salem Haggag
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed Zaher and Sabri Cetinkunt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. Rakopoulos and E. G. Giakoumis, Diesel Engine Transient Operation: Principles of Operation and Simulation Analysis, Springer, 2009.
- S. Cetinkunt, Mechatronics, John Wiley and Sons, 2007.
- Z. Yafu and C. Cheng, “Study on the powertrain for ISG mild hybrid electric vehicle,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC '08), September 2008.
- G. Steinmaurer and L. del Re, “Optimal energy management for mild hybrid operations of vehicle with an integrated starter generator,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0280, pp. 73–80, 2005.
- J. T. B. Kessels A, J. Sijs, R. M. Hermans, A. A. H. Damen, and P. P. J. van den Bosch, “On-line identification of vehicle fuel consumption for energy and emission management: an LTP system analysis,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '08), Seattle, Wash, USA, June 2008.
- J. Liu and H. Peng, “Modeling and control of a power-split hybrid vehicle,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1242–1251, 2008.
- G. Paganelli, Y. Guezennec, and G. Rizzoni, “Optimizing control strategy for hybrid fuel cell vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0102, SAE, Warrendale, Pa, USA, 2002.
- F. U. Syed, M. L. Kuang, M. Smith, S. Okubo, and H. Ying, “Fuzzy gain-scheduling proportional-integral control for improving engine power and speed behavior in a hybrid electric vehicle,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 69–84, 2009.
- M. Canova, Y. Guezennec, and S. Yurkovich, “On the control of engine start/stop dynamics in a hybrid electric vehicle,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- X. Lin, H. Banvait, S. Anwar, and C. Yaobin, “Optimal energy management for a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle: real-time controller,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '10), pp. 5037–5042, Baltimore, Md, USA, July 2010.
- M. Gokasan, S. Bogosyan, and D. J. Goering, “Sliding mode based powertrain control for efficiency improvement in series hybrid-electric vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 779–790, 2006.
- S. J. Moura, H. K. Fathy, D. S. Callaway, and J. L. Stein, “A stochastic optimal control approach for power management in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 545–555, 2011.
- L. Johannesson, M. Åsbogård, and B. Egardt, “Assessing the potential of predictive control for hybrid vehicle powertrains using stochastic dynamic programming,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 2007.
- Y. J. Huang, C. L. Yin, and J. W. Zhang, “Design of an energy management strategy for parallel hybrid electric vehicles using a logic threshold and instantaneous optimization method,” International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 513–521, 2009.
- S. H. Lee, S. D. Walters, and R. J. Howlett, “Intelligent GPS-based vehicle control for improved fuel consumption and reduced emissions,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems, pp. 701–708, Zagreb, Croatia, 2008.
- Z. X. Fu, “Real-time prediction of torque availability of an ipm synchronous machine drive for hybrid electric vehicles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives, pp. 199–206, San Antonio, Tex, USA, May 2005.
- H. A. Borhan, A. Vahidi, A. M. Phillips, M. L. Kuang, and I. V. Kolmanovsky, “Predictive energy management of a power-split hybrid electric vehicle,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '09), pp. 3970–3976, June 2009.
- S. Grammatico, A. Balluchi, and E. Cosoli, “A series-parallel hybrid electric powertrain for industrial vehicles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC '10), pp. 1–6, September 2010.
- F. Croce, Optimal Design of Powertrain and Hydraulic Implement Systems for Construction Equipment Applications [Ph.D. thesis], University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010.
- M. Ehsani, Y. Gao, and A. Emadi, Modern Electric, Hybrid Electric, and Fuel Cell Vehicles: Fundamentals, Theory, and Design Second Edition, Taylor & Francis, 2010.
- Y. W. Fowlkes and C. M. Creveling, Engineering Methods For Robust Product Design Using Taguchi Methods in Technology and Product Development, Prentice Hall, 1995.