- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Discrete Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 625912, 5 pages
On Maximum Lee Distance Codes
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of New Brunswick Saint John, Saint John, NB, Canada E2L 4L5
Received 25 September 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Annalisa de Bonis
Copyright © 2013 Tim L. Alderson and Svenja Huntemann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Y. Lee, “Some properties of nonbinary error-correcting codes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 4, no. 2, Article ID 012263, pp. 77–82, 1958.
- K. Nakamura, “A class of error correcting codes for DPSK channels,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '79), vol. 3, p. 45, 1979.
- R. M. Roth and P. H. Siegel, “Lee-metric BCH codes and their application to constrained and partial-response channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 1083–1096, 1994.
- M. Blaum, J. Bruck, and A. Vardy, “Interleaving schemes for multidimensional cluster errors,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 730–743, 1998.
- K.-U. Schmidt, “Complementary sets, generalized Reed-Muller codes, and power control for OFDM,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 808–814, 2007.
- T. Etzion and E. Yaakobi, “Error-correction of multidimensional bursts,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 961–976, 2009.
- A. Barg and A. Mazumdar, “Codes in permutations and error correction for rank modulation,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 3158–3165, 2010.
- J. W. P. Hirschfeld, G. Korchmaros, and F. Torres, Algebraic Curves over a Finite Field, Princeton Series in Applied Mathematics, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2008.
- T. L. Alderson, A. A. Bruen, and R. Silverman, “Maximum distance separable codes and arcs in projective spaces,” Journal of Combinatorial Theory A, vol. 114, no. 6, pp. 1101–1117, 2007.
- S. Ball, “On sets of vectors of a finite vector space in which every subset of basis size is a basis,” Journal of the European Mathematical Society, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 733–748, 2012.
- K. Shiromoto, “Singleton bounds for codes over finite rings,” Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 95–99, 2000.
- S. T. Dougherty and C. Fernandez-Cordoba, “Codes over , Gray map and self-dual codes,” Advances in Mathematics of Communications, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 571–588, 2011.
- S. T. Dougherty and K. Shiromoto, “Maximum distance codes over rings of order 4,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 400–404, 2001.
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes. I, vol. 16 of North-Holland Mathematical Library, North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 1977.
- A. D. Wyner and R. L. Graham, “An upper bound on minimum distance for a k-ary code,” Information and Control, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 46–52, 1968.
- J. C. Chiang and J. K. Wolf, “On channels and codes for the Lee metric,” Information and Control, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 159–173, 1971.