- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Discrete Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 628952, 7 pages
Improved Bounds on
Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Gabrovo, 5300 Gabrovo, Bulgaria
Received 8 November 2012; Accepted 3 February 2013
Academic Editor: Aziz Moukrim
Copyright © 2013 Rumen Daskalov and Elena Metodieva. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Bose, “Mathematical theory of the symmetrical factorial design,” Sankhyā, vol. 8, pp. 107–166, 1947.
- A. Barlotti, Some Topics in Finite Geometrical Structures, Institute of Statistics Mimeo Series no. 439, University of Carollina, 1965.
- J. W. P. Hirschfeld, Projective Geometries over Finite Fields, Oxford Mathematical Monographs, The Clarendon Press Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1998.
- J. W. P. Hirschfeld and L. Storme, “The packing problem in statistics, coding theory and finite projective spaces: update 2001,” in Finite Geometries, vol. 3 of Developments in Mathematics, pp. 201–246, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.
- R. Daskalov, “On the existence and the nonexistence of some (k, r)-arcs in (2, 17),” in Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Algebraic and Combinatorial Coding Theory, pp. 95–100, Kranevo, Bulgaria, June 2004.
- R. Daskalov and E. Metodieva, “New -arcs in and the related optimal linear codes,” Mathematica Balkanica. New Series, vol. 18, no. 1-2, pp. 121–127, 2004.
- M. Braun, A. Kohnert, and A. Wassermann, “Construction of -arcs in ,” Innovations in Incidence Geometry, vol. 1, pp. 133–141, 2005.
- S. Ball and J. W. P. Hirschfeld, “Bounds on -arcs and their application to linear codes,” Finite Fields and Their Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 326–336, 2005.
- A. Kohnert, “Arcs in the projective planes,” Online tables, http://www.algorithm.uni-bayreuth.de/en/research/Coding_Theory/PG_arc_table/index.html.
- R. Daskalov and E. Metodieva, “New -arcs in , and ,” Problemy Peredachi Informatsii, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 3–9, 2011, English translation: Problems of Information Transmission, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 217–223, 2011.
- S. Ball, “Three-dimensional linear codes,” Online table, http://www-ma4.upc.edu/~simeon/.
- H. A. Barker, “Sum and product tables for Galois fields,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 473–485, 1986.
- R. Daskalov and E. Metodieva, “New large arcs in PG(2,25) and PG(2,27),” in Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Algebraic and Combinatorial Coding Theory, pp. 130–135, Pomorie, Bulgaria, June 2012.
- R. Hill, “Optimal linear codes,” in Cryptography and Coding, II (Cirencester, 1989), vol. 33, pp. 75–104, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- S. Ball, “Multiple blocking sets and arcs in finite planes,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 581–593, 1996.
- R. Daskalov, “On the maximum size of some -arcs in ,” Discrete Mathematics, vol. 308, no. 4, pp. 565–570, 2008.
- J. R. M. Mason, “On the maximum sizes of certain ()-arcs in finite projective geometries,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 153–169, 1982.
- A. Barlotti, “Sui -archi di un piano lineare finito,” Bollettino della Unione Matematica Italiana, vol. 11, pp. 553–556, 1956.
- S. Ball, “On nuclei and blocking sets in Desarguesian spaces,” Journal of Combinatorial Theory. Series A, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 232–236, 1999.