- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Discrete Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851751, 6 pages
Compression of Meanders
1Department of Informatics, University of Piraeus, Karaoli & Dimitriou 80, 18534 Piraeus, Greece
2Department of Informatics, Ionian University, Plateia Tsirigoti 7, 49100 Corfu, Greece
Received 21 June 2012; Revised 29 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Annalisa De Bonis
Copyright © 2013 A. Panayotopoulos and P. Vlamos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. K. Lando and A. K. Zvonkin, “Plane and projective meanders,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 117, no. 1-2, pp. 227–241, 1993.
- P. Rosenstiehl, “Planar Permutations defined by two interesting Jordan curves,” in Graph Theory and Combinatorics, pp. 259–271, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- J. Barraud, A. Panayotopoulos, and P. Tsikouras, “Properties of closed meanders,” Ars Combinatoria, vol. 67, pp. 189–197, 2003.
- M. A. La Croix, Approaches to the enumerative theory of meanders [M.S. thesis], University of Waterloo, 2003.
- A. Panayotopoulos and P. Vlamos, “Cutting degree of meanders,” in Proceedings of the 1st Mining Humanistic Data Workshop, 2012.
- A. Panayotopoulos and P. Vlamos, “Meandric polygons,” Ars Combinatoria, vol. 87, pp. 147–159, 2008.
- A. Panayotopoulos, “Generating planar permutations,” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 281–287, 1997.