- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 578285, 7 pages
Diabetes and Thyroid Cancer Risk: Literature Review
1Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No. 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 10002, Taiwan
2National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Received 30 January 2012; Revised 30 March 2012; Accepted 20 April 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-Jen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Shyang-Rong Shih et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Thyroid Cancer Risk Is Not Increased in Diabetic Patients,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- K. Pazaitou-Panayiotou, S. A. Polyzos, and C. S. Mantzoros, “Obesity and thyroid cancer: epidemiologic associations and underlying mechanisms,” Obesity Reviews, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes and thyroid cancer mortality: a 12-year prospective follow-up of Taiwanese,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 595–601, 2013.
- Daniela Schmid, Gundula Behrens, Carmen Jochem, Marlen Keimling, and Michael Leitzmann, “Physical activity, diabetes, and risk of thyroid cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” European Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 945–958, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Rosiglitazone may reduce thyroid cancer risk in patients with type 2 diabetes,” Annals of Medicine, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 539–544, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Treatment with human insulin does not increase thyroid cancer risk in patients with type 2 diabetes,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 736–742, 2014.
- Xufeng Fei, Daxing Yang, Zhe Kong, Zhaohan Lou, and Jiaping Wu, “Thyroid cancer incidence in China between 2005 and 2009,” Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 2014.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Pioglitazone and thyroid cancer risk in Taiwanese patients with type 2 diabetes,” Journal of Diabetes, 2014.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Metformin Reduces Thyroid Cancer Risk in Taiwanese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- Marjory Alana Marcello, Lucas Leite Cunha, Fernando Assis Batista, and Laura Sterian Ward, “Obesity and thyroid cancer,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. T255–T271, 2014.
- Lizhe Ai, Yaqin Yu, Xiaoli Liu, Chong Wang, Jieping Shi, Hui Sun, and Qiong Yu, “Are the SNPs of NKX2-1 associated with papillary thyroid carcinoma in the Han population of Northern China?,” Frontiers of Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 113–117, 2014.
- Benjamin Oberman, Aliasgher Khaku, Fabian Camacho, and David Goldenberg, “Relationship between obesity, diabetes and the risk of thyroid cancer,” American Journal of Otolaryngology, 2015.
- Pawel Jozwiak, Anna Krzeslak, Magdalena Brys, and Anna Lipinska, “Glucose-dependent glucose transporter 1 expression and its impact on viability of thyroid cancer cells,” Oncology Reports, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 913–920, 2015.