- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672013, 10 pages
Combined Transfection of the Three Transcriptional Factors, PDX-1, NeuroD1, and MafA, Causes Differentiation of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells into Insulin-Producing Cells
1Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
2Department of Surgical Comprehensive Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
Received 24 December 2011; Revised 1 April 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: Joseph R. Landolph Jr.
Copyright © 2012 Guo Qing-Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Saman Rahmati, Najva Alijani, and Mehdi Kadivar, “In vitro generation of glucose-responsive insulin producing cells using lentiviral based pdx-1 gene transduction of mouse (C57BL/6) mesenchymal stem cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 437, no. 3, pp. 413–419, 2013.
- Hiroshi Takemitsu, Dongwei Zhao, Shingo Ishikawa, Masaki Michishita, Toshiro Arai, and Ichiro Yamamoto, “Mechanism of insulin production in canine bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells,” General and Comparative Endocrinology, vol. 189, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Ting-Ting Zhou, Chao Wei, Xiao-Dong Chen, Hai Li, and Zheng Wang, “Primary culture of umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells in serum free medium,” Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research, vol. 17, no. 27, pp. 4980–4987, 2013.
- Devang M. Patel, Jainy Shah, and Anand S. Srivastava, “Therapeutic Potential of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Ashwini Ketkar-Atre, Tom Struys, Stefaan J. Soenen, Ivo Lambrichts, Catherine M. Verfaillie, and Marcel De Cuyper, “Variability in contrast agent uptake by different but similar stem cell typ es,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 8, pp. 4577–4591, 2013.