- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732027, 8 pages
Impact of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia on Survival in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients
1Clínica de Cáncer de Mama, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología (INCan), 14080 México, DF, Mexico
2Departamento de Oncología Médica, INCan, 14080 México, DF, Mexico
3Unidad de Investigación Biomédica en Cáncer, INCan and Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04510 México, DF, Mexico
Received 1 February 2012; Revised 31 May 2012; Accepted 18 June 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-Jen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Cynthia Villarreal-Garza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jeff M. P. Holly, Li Zeng, and Claire M. Perks, “Epithelial cancers in the post-genomic era: should we reconsider our lifestyle?,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2013.
- Hanru Wang, Susan E. P. Bastian, and Gordon S. Howarth, “Newly Developed Synbiotics and the Chemotherapy-Damaged Gut,” Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 198–208, 2013.
- S. K. Garg, H. Maurer, K. Reed, and R. Selagamsetty, “Diabetes and cancer: two diseases with obesity as a common risk factor,” Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes and thyroid cancer mortality: a 12-year prospective follow-up of Taiwanese,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 595–601, 2013.
- Rebecca Lopez, Arunkumar Arumugam, Riya Joseph, Kanika Monga, Thiyagarajan Boopalan, Pamela Agullo, Christina Gutierrez, Sushmita Nandy, Ramadevi Subramani, Jose Manuel de la Rosa, and Rajkumar Lakshmanaswamy, “Hyperglycemia Enhances the Proliferation of Non-Tumorigenic and Malignant Mammary Epithelial Cells through Increased leptin/IGF1R Signaling and Activation of AKT/mTOR,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Trista J. Stankowski-Drengler, Rachel V. Stankowski, Jessica M. Engel, and Adedayo A. Onitilo, “The Relationship of Type 2 Diabetes, Oral Diabetes Medications, and Insulin Therapy to Risk for Breast Cancer,” Current Nutrition Reports, 2013.
- Chanchal Gupta, and Kulbhushan Tikoo, “High glucose and insulin differentially modulates proliferation in MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 cells,” Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 119–129, 2013.
- Hala Ahmadieh, and Sami T. Azar, “Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Oral Diabetic Medications, Insulin Therapy, and Overall Breast Cancer Risk,” ISRN Endocrinology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Nina J Karlin, Amylou C Dueck, Sravan K Nagi Reddy, Patricia M Verona, and Curtiss B Cook, “Implications of breast cancer with diabetes mellitus on patient outcomes and care,” Diabetes Management, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 411–419, 2014.
- Susan Storey, and Diane Von Ah, “Prevalence and impact of hyperglycemia on hospitalized leukemia patients,” European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 2014.
- K. Bhaskaran, S.S.B. Hussain, and A. Van Helvoort, “Oncology adapted nutritional support: A role for low glycemic medical nutrition,” PharmaNutrition, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 112, 2014.
- Chanchal Gupta, Jasmine Kaur, and Kulbhushan Tikoo, “Regulation of MDA-MB231 cell proliferation by GSK-3β involves epigenetic modifications under high glucose conditions,” Experimental Cell Research, 2014.
- Y. Wang, Y. D. Zhu, Q. Gui, X. D. Wang, and Y. X. Zhu, “Glucagon-induced angiogenesis and tumor growth through the HIF-1-VEGF-dependent pathway in hyperglycemic nude mice,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 7173–7183, 2014.