- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 745189, 5 pages
Serum CA19-9 Level Associated with Metabolic Control and Pancreatic Beta Cell Function in Diabetic Patients
1School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, China
2Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People's Hospital, Shanghai Diabetes Institute, Shanghai Clinical Center of Diabetes, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Diabetes Mellitus, Shanghai 200233, China
3Department of medicine, Soochow University, Soochow 215006, China
Received 10 January 2012; Revised 15 March 2012; Accepted 15 April 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-Jen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Haoyong Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Y. Locker, S. Hamilton, J. Harris et al., “ASCO 2006 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in gastrointestinal cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 33, pp. 5313–5327, 2006.
- E. Pines, J. L. Slama, A. Holeman, G. Ley, D. Malbec, and P. Boudon, “Unusually high level of CA 19-9 in chronic pancreatitis,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 19, no. 6-7, pp. 641–642, 1995.
- J. M. Petit, G. Vaillant, N. O. Olsson et al., “Elevated serum CA19-9 levels in poorly controlled diabetic patients. Relationship with Lewis blood group,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 1994.
- H. Mukae, M. Hirota, S. Kohno et al., “Elevation of tumor-associated carbohydrate antigens in patients with diffuse panbronchiolitis,” American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 148, no. 3, pp. 744–751, 1993.
- P. Y. Benhamou, J. P. Vuillez, S. Halimi, G. Meffre, and I. Bachelot, “Influence of metabolic disturbances of diabetes mellitus on serum CA 19-9 tumor marker,” Diabete et Metabolisme, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 1991.
- K. Gul, S. Nas, D. Ozdemir, M. Gumus, R. Ersoy, and B. Cakir, “CA 19-9 level in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and its relation to the metabolic control and microvascular complications,” The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, vol. 341, no. 1, pp. 28–32, 2011.
- O. Uygur-Bayramicli, R. Dabak, E. Orbay, et al., “Type 2 diabetes mellitus and CA 19-9 levels,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, pp. 5357–5359, 2007.
- N. Nakamura, O. Aoji, and T. Yoshikawa, “Elevated serum CA19-9 levels in poorly controlled diabetic patients,” Japanese Journal of Medicine, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 278–380, 1986.
- Y. Arakawa, H. Ariga, and M. Kano, “Determination and significance of a new carbohydrate antigen CA 19-9 in digestive system cancers,” Japanese Journal of Medicine, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 121–130, 1985.
- J. A. Williams and I. D. Goldfine, “The insulin-pancreatic acinar axis,” Diabetes, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 980–986, 1985.
- P. D. Hardt and N. Ewald, “Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in diabetes mellitus: a complication of diabetic neuropathy or a different type of diabetes?” Experimental Diabetes Research, vol. 2011, Article ID 761950, 7 pages, 2011.
- H. T. Blumenthal, J. G. Probstein, and A. W. Berns, “Interrelationship of diabetes mellitus and pancreatitis,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 87, pp. 844–850, 1963.
- C. Langhi and B. Cariou, “Cholesterol metabolism and beta-cell function,” Medecine/Sciences, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 385–390, 2010.
- M. Ishikawa, Y. Iwasaki, S. Yatoh et al., “Cholesterol accumulation and diabetes in pancreatic β-cell-specific SREBP-2 transgenic mice: a new model for lipotoxicity,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 2524–2534, 2008.
- M. Hao, W. S. Head, S. C. Gunawardana, A. H. Hasty, and D. W. Piston, “Direct effect of cholesterol on insulin secretion: a novel mechanism for pancreatic β-cell dysfunction,” Diabetes, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2328–2338, 2007.