- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 758614, 11 pages
Pharmacological Inhibition of Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Ameliorates Diet-Induced Metabolic Syndrome in Rats
1School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
2Department of Biological and Physical Sciences, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, QLD 4350, Australia
3Department of Entomology and University of California Davis Cancer Center, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 30 May 2011; Revised 15 July 2011; Accepted 15 July 2011
Academic Editor: Yingmei Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Abishek Iyer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan Liu, Huaixin Dang, Dan Li, Wei Pang, Bruce D. Hammock, and Yi Zhu, “Inhibition of Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Attenuates High-Fat-Diet-Induced Hepatic Steatosis by Reduced Systemic Inflammatory Status in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 6, 2012.
- Christophe Morisseau, Nils Helge Schebb, Hua Dong, Arzu Ulu, Pavel A. Aronov, and Bruce D. Hammock, “Role of soluble epoxide hydrolase phosphatase activity in the metabolism of lysophosphatidic acids,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 419, no. 4, pp. 796–800, 2012.
- Estella Buscato, Rene Bloecher, Christina Lamers, Franca-Maria Klingler, Steffen Hahn, Dieter Steinhilber, Manfred Schubert-Zsilavecz, and Ewgenij Proschak, “Design and Synthesis of Dual Modulators of Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase and Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors,” Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 23, pp. 10771–10775, 2012.
- John D. Imig, Katie A. Walsh, Md Abdul Hye Khan, Tasuku Nagasawa, Mary Cherian-Shaw, Sean M. Shaw, and Bruce D. Hammock, “Soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibition and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor γ agonist improve vascular function and decrease renal injury in hypertensive obese rats,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 237, no. 12, pp. 1402–1412, 2012.
- Dae Yun Seo, SungRyul Lee, Arturo Figueroa, Yi Sub Kwak, Nari Kim, Byoung Doo Rhee, Kyung Soo Ko, Hyun Seok Bang, Yeong Ho Baek, and Jin Han, “Aged garlic extract enhances exercise-mediated improvement of metabolic parameters in high fat diet-induced obese rats,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 513, 2012.
- A A Scott-Van Zeeland, C S Bloss, R Tewhey, V Bansal, A Torkamani, O Libiger, V Duvvuri, N Wineinger, L Galvez, B F Darst, E N Smith, A Carson, P Pham, T Phillips, N Villarasa, R Tisch, G Zhang, S Levy, S Murray, W Chen, S Srinivasan, G Berenson, H Brandt, S Crawford, S Crow, M M Fichter, K A Halmi, C Johnson, A S Kaplan, M La Via, J E Mitchell, M Strober, A Rotondo, J Treasure, D B Woodside, C M Bulik, P Keel, K L Klump, L Lilenfeld, K Plotnicov, E J Topol, P B Shih, P Magistretti, A W Bergen, W Berrettini, W Kaye, and N J Schork, “Evidence for the role of EPHX2 gene variants in anorexia nervosa,” Molecular Psychiatry, 2013.
- Ahmed A. Elmarakby, Jessica Faulkner, Chelsey Pye, Katelyn Rouch, Abdulmohsin Alhashim, Krishna Rao Maddipati, and Babak Baban, “Role of haem oxygenase in the renoprotective effects of soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibition in diabetic spontaneously hypertensive rats,” Clinical Science, vol. 125, no. 7, pp. 349–359, 2013.
- Lisa A. Morgan, Alan R. Olzinski, John J. Upson, Shufang Zhao, Tao Wang, Stephen H. Eisennagel, Bao Hoang, James R. Tunstead, Joseph P. Marino, Robert N. Willette, Beat M. Jucker, and David J. Behm, “Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Inhibition Does Not Prevent Cardiac Remodeling and Dysfunction After Aortic Constriction in Rats and Mice,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 291–301, 2013.
- Christophe Morisseau, and Bruce D. Hammock, “Impact of Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase and Epoxyeicosanoids on Human Health,” Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 37–58, 2013.
- Claudia E. Ramirez, Megan M. Shuey, Ginger L. Milne, Kimberly Gilbert, Nian Hui, Chang Yu, James M. Luther, and Nancy J. Brown, “Arg287Gln VARIANT OF EPHX2 AND EPOXYEICOSATRIENOIC ACIDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH INSULIN SENSITIVITY IN HUMANS,” Prostaglandins & Other Lipid Mediators, 2014.
- Li Shen, Hongchun Peng, Shuiping Zhao, and Danyan Xu, “A potent soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitor, t-AUCB, modulates cholesterol balance and oxidized low density lipoprotein metabolism in adipocytes in vitro,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 395, no. 4, pp. 443–451, 2014.
- Thomas Duflot, Clothilde Roche, Fabien Lamoureux, Dominique Guerrot, and Jeremy Bellien, “Design and discovery of soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitors for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Frederick W. Goldberg, Alexander G. Dossetter, James S. Scott, Graeme R. Robb, Scott Boyd, Sam D. Groombridge, Paul D. Kemmitt, Tove Sjoegren, Pablo Morentin Gutierrez, Joanne deSchoolmeester, John G. Swales, Andrew V. Turnbull, and Martin J. Wild, “Optimization of Brain Penetrant 11 beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type I Inhibitors and in Vivo Testing in Diet-Induced Obese Mice,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 970–986, 2014.