- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 789174, 12 pages
Insulin Resistance and Cancer Risk: An Overview of the Pathogenetic Mechanisms
1Department of Health Sciences, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Viale Europa (Località Germaneto), 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
2Clinical Pathology, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Viale Europa (Località Germaneto), 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
3Endocrinology, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Viale Europa (Località Germaneto), 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Received 29 January 2012; Accepted 10 April 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-Jen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Biagio Arcidiacono et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dan Wang, Mitchell L. Wise, Feng Li, and Moul Dey, “Phytochemicals Attenuating Aberrant Activation of beta-Catenin in Cancer Ce lls,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- Dino Rotondo, and Jillian Davidson, “Genetics and molecular biology,” Current Opinion in Lipidology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 501–502, 2012.
- Chengeng Liu, Yue Wei, Jianmin Wang, Langan Pi, Jianjun Huang, and Peichang Wang, “Carbonic Anhydrases III and IV Autoantibodies in Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Diabetes, Hypertensive Renal Disease, and Heart Failure,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Arlette Gratas-Delamarche, Frédéric Derbré, Sophie Vincent, and Josiane Cillard, “Physical inactivity, insulin resistance and the oxidative-inflammatory loop,” Free Radical Research, pp. 1–37, 2013.
- Rebecca L. Glaser, and Constantine Dimitrakakis, “Reduced breast cancer incidence in women treated with subcutaneous testosterone, or testosterone with anastrozole: A prospective, observational study,” Maturitas, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Pioglitazone does not affect the risk of ovarian cancer: Analysis of a nationwide reimbursement database in Taiwan,” Gynecologic Oncology, 2013.
- Cheryl L. Rock, Chetna Pande, Shirley W. Flatt, Carl Ying, Bilge Pakiz, Barbara A. Parker, Kathryn Williams, Wayne A. Bardwell, Dennis D. Heath, and Jeanne F. Nichols, “Favorable Changes in Serum Estrogens and Other Biologic Factors After Weight Loss in Breast Cancer Survivors Who are Overweight or Obese,” Clinical Breast Cancer, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 188–195, 2013.
- Joyce V. Lee, Supriya A. Shah, and Kathryn E. Wellen, “Obesity, cancer and acetyl-CoA metabolism,” Drug Discovery Today: Disease Mechanisms, 2013.
- A. J. Krentz, A. Viljoen, and A. Sinclair, “Insulin resistance: a risk marker for disease and disability in the older person,” Diabetic Medicine, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 535–548, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes and thyroid cancer mortality: a 12-year prospective follow-up of Taiwanese,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 595–601, 2013.
- A. B. Crujeiras, A. Díaz-Lagares, M. C. Carreira, M. Amil, and F. F. Casanueva, “Oxidative stress associated to dysfunctional adipose tissue: a potential link between obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus and breast cancer,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 243–256, 2013.
- K B Greer, A Kresak, B Bednarchik, D Dawson, L Li, A Chak, and J Willis, “Insulin/Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Pathway in Barrett’s Carcinogenesis,” Clinical and Translational Gastroenterology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. e31, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes, insulin use, smoking, and pancreatic cancer mortality in Taiwan,” Acta Diabetologica, 2013.
- Edward C. Suarez, and Nicole L. Schramm-Sapyta, “Race differences in the relation of vitamins A, C, E and β-carotene to metabolic and inflammatory biomarkers,” Nutrition Research, 2013.
- Amos Pines, “Climacteric Commentaries,” Climacteric, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 601–608, 2013.
- Hala Ahmadieh, and Sami T. Azar, “Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Oral Diabetic Medications, Insulin Therapy, and Overall Breast Cancer Risk,” ISRN Endocrinology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Samy L. Habib, and Maciej Rojna, “Diabetes and Risk of Cancer,” ISRN Oncology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Rosalyne L. Westley, and Felicity E. B. May, “A Twenty-First Century Cancer Epidemic Caused by Obesity: The Involvement of Insulin, Diabetes, and Insulin-Like Growth Factors,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–37, 2013.
- Lena Secky, Martin Svoboda, Lukas Klameth, Erika Bajna, Gerhard Hamilton, Robert Zeillinger, Walter Jäger, and Theresia Thalhammer, “The Sulfatase Pathway for Estrogen Formation: Targets for the Treatment and Diagnosis of Hormone-Associated Tumors,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.