- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Experimental Diabetes Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 924168, 7 pages
A Review on the Association between Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists and Thyroid Cancer
1Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei 10002, Taiwan
2Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei 10002, Taiwan
Received 15 February 2012; Accepted 1 April 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-Jen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Wei-Yih Chiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kiran S. Panickar, “Effects of dietary polyphenols on neuroregulatory factors and pathways that mediate food intake and energy regulation in obesity,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 34–47, 2012.
- Baptist Gallwitz, “Incretin for the continuing treatment of secondary failure to metformin in Type 2 diabetes,” Diabetes Management, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 323–331, 2013.
- Franziska Boess, Cristina Bertinetti-Lapatki, Sannah Zoffmann, Catherine George, Thomas Pfister, Adrian Roth, Serene M. L. Lee, Wolfgang E. Thasler, Thomas Singer, and Laura Suter, “Effect of GLP1R agonists taspoglutide and liraglutide on primary thyroid C-cells from rodent and man,” Journal Of Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 325–336, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes and thyroid cancer mortality: a 12-year prospective follow-up of Taiwanese,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 595–601, 2013.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “Diabetes, insulin use, smoking, and pancreatic cancer mortality in Taiwan,” Acta Diabetologica, 2013.
- Claudia E. Reusch, and Isabelle Padrutt, “New Incretin Hormonal Therapies in Humans Relevant to Diabetic Cats,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 417–433, 2013.
- Thomas J. Rosol, “On-target effects of GLP-1 receptor agonists on thyroid C-cells in rats and mice,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 303–309, 2013.
- Hale M. Tasyurek, Hasan Ali Altunbas, Mustafa Kemal Balci, and Salih Sanlioglu, “Incretins: Their physiology and application in the treatment of diabetes mellitus,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 354–371, 2014.
- A. Agahi, and K. G. Murphy, “Models and Strategies in the Development of Antiobesity Drugs,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 695–706, 2014.
- D. Roy, K. D. Chadwick, K. Tatarkiewicz, C. LaCerte, A.-M. Bergholm, T. Brodie, R. S. Mangipudy, D. Parkes, M. J. Graziano, and T. P. Reilly, “The glucagon-like peptide-1-based therapeutics exenatide and saxagliptin did not cause detrimental effects on the pancreas in mice, rats, dogs and monkeys,” Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 2014.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, “A Review on Thiazolidinediones and Bladder Cancer in Human Studies,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part C-Environmental Carcinogen, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–45, 2014.
- Artur Matyszewski, Anna Czarnecka, Maciej Kawecki, Piotr Korzen, Ilan J. Safir, Wojciech Kukwa, and Cezary Szczylik, “Impaired glucose metabolism treatment and carcinogenesis (Review),” Oncology Letters, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 589–594, 2015.
- Chin-Hsiao Tseng, Kuo-Yang Lee, and Farn-Hsuan Tseng, “An Updated Review on Cancer Risk Associated with Incretin Mimetics and Enhancers,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part C, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 67–124, 2015.
- Celeste B. Burness, and Lesley J. Scott, “Dulaglutide: A Review in Type 2 Diabetes,” Biodrugs, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 407–418, 2015.
- I. Padrutt, T.A. Lutz, C.E. Reusch, and E. Zini, “Effects of the glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) analogues exenatide, exenatide extended-release, and of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor sitagliptin on glucose metabolism in healthy cats,” Research in Veterinary Science, 2015.
- Georgios A. Christou, Niki Katsiki, and Dimitrios N. Kiortsis, “The Current Role of Liraglutide in the Pharmacotherapy of Obesity,” Current Vascular Pharmacology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 201–207, 2016.