- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 231847, 8 pages
Influence of the Constitutive Flow Law in FEM Simulation of the Radial Forging Process
Université de Toulouse, INP/ENIT, Laboratoire Génie de Production, 47 Avenue d'Azereix, 65016 Tarbes, France
Received 5 December 2012; Revised 23 April 2013; Accepted 23 April 2013
Academic Editor: Fabio Galbusera
Copyright © 2013 Olivier Pantalé and Babacar Gueye. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. F. Hosford and R. M. Caddell, Metal Forming: Mechanics and Metallurgy, Cambridge University Press, 3rd edition, 2007.
- A. Ghaei, M. R. Movahhedy, and A. K. Taheri, “Study of the effects of die geometry on deformation in the radial forging process,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 170, no. 1-2, pp. 156–163, 2005.
- S. Choi, K. H. Na, and J. H. Kim, “Upper-bound analysis of the rotary forging of a cylindrical billet,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 67, no. 1–3, pp. 78–82, 1997.
- J. M. Pitt-Francis, A. Bowyer, and A. N. Bramley, “A simple 3D formulation for modeling forging using the upper bound method,” Analysis of the CIRP, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 245–248, 1996.
- I. B. Donald and Z. Chen, “Slope stability analysis by the upper bound approach: fundamentals and methods,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 853–862, 1997.
- A. Uhlig, Investigation on the motions and the forces in radial swaging [Ph.D. thesis], Technical University of Hannover, 1964.
- A. Piela, “Studies on the applicability of the finite element method to the analysis of swaging process,” Archives of Metallurgy, vol. 37, pp. 425–443, 1992.
- A. Piela, “Analysis of the metal flow in swaging-numerical modelling and experimental verification,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 221–231, 1997.
- J. P. Domblesky and R. Shivpuri, “Development and validation of a finite-element model for multiple-pass radial forging,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 432–441, 1995.
- J. P. Domblesky, R. Shivpuri, and B. Painter, “Application of the finite-element method to the radial forging of large diameter tubes,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 49, no. 1-2, pp. 57–74, 1995.
- A. Ameli and M. R. Movahhedy, “A parametric study on residual stresses and forging load in cold radial forging process,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 33, no. 1-2, pp. 7–17, 2007.
- A. Ghaei and M. R. Movahhedy, “Die design for the radial forging process using 3D FEM,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 182, no. 1–3, pp. 534–539, 2007.
- A. Ghaei, M. R. Movahhedy, and A. Karimi Taheri, “Finite element modelling simulation of radial forging of tubes without mandrel,” Materials & Design, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 867–872, 2008.
- G. R. Johnson and W. H. Cook, “A constitutive model and data for metals subjected to large strains, high strain rates and high temperatures,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Balistics, pp. 541–547, 1983.
- T. Belytschko, W. K. Liu, and B. Moran, Nonlinear Finite Element For Continua and Structures, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- O. Pantalé, Virtual prototyping platform for numerical simulation in large thermomechanical transformations [Ph.D. thesis], Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, 2005.
- J. C. Simo and T. J. R. Hugues, Computational Inelasticity, Springer, 1998.
- Simulia, Abaqus Analysis User Manual, Rising Sun Mills, Providence, RI, USA.