- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 539284, 8 pages
Identifying Individuals Using Eigenbeat Features of Electrocardiogram
1Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Institute of Engineering & Technology, Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow 226 021, India
2Department of Computer Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University IIT (BHU), Varanasi 225 021, India
Received 15 August 2012; Revised 12 February 2013; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Karim Kabalan
Copyright © 2013 Yogendra Narain Singh and Sanjay Kumar Singh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Federal Commission report, February 2012, http://www.ftc.gov/sentinel/reports/sentinel-annual-reports/sentinelcy2009.pdf.
- “A report by Javelin Strategy & Research,” Washington Post, February 2011.
- Y. N. Singh, “Challenges of UID Environment,” in Proceedings of the UID National Conference on Impact of Aadhaar in Governance, Computer Society of India, pp. 37–45, Lucknow, India, December 2011.
- Y. N. Singh and S. K. Singh, “The state of information security,” in Proceedings of the Artificial Intelligence and Agents: Theory and Applications (AIATA '11), pp. 363–367, Varanasi, India, December 2011.
- A. K. Jain, A. Ross, and S. Pankanti, “Biometrics: a tool for information security,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 125–143, 2006.
- A. Watson, “Biometrics: easy to steal, hard to regain identity,” Nature, vol. 449, no. 7162, p. 535, 2007.
- Y. N. Singh and S. K. Singh, “A taxonomy of biometric system vulnerabilities and defenses,” International Journal of Biometrics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 137–159, 2013.
- Y. N. Singh, S. K. Singh, and P. Gupta, “Fusion of electrocardiogram with unobtrusive biometrics: an efficient individual authentication system,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 33, no. 14, pp. 1932–1941, 2012.
- L. Biel, O. Pettersson, L. Philipson, and P. Wide, “ECG analysis: a new approach in human identification,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 808–812, 2001.
- T. W. Shen, W. J. Tompkins, and Y. H. Hu, “One-lead ECG for identity verification,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Joint Engineering in Medicine and Biology, 24th Annual Conference and the Annual Fall Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society Conference (EMBS/BMES '02), pp. 62–63, Houston, Tex, USA, October 2002.
- S. A. Israel, J. M. Irvine, A. Cheng, M. D. Wiederhold, and B. K. Wiederhold, “ECG to identify individuals,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 133–142, 2005.
- Y. Wang, F. Agrafioti, D. Hatzinakos, and K. N. Plataniotis, “Analysis of human electrocardiogram for biometric recognition,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2008, Article ID 148658, pp. 1–11, 2008.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “Biometric method for human identification using electrocardiogram,” in Advances in Biometrics, vol. 5558 of Lecture Notes of Computer Science, pp. 1270–1279, 2009.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “ECG to individual identification,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems (BTAS '08), pp. 1–8, October 2008.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “Correlation-based classification of heartbeats for individual identification,” Soft Computing, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 449–460, 2011.
- J. R. Hampton, The ECG Made Easy, Churchill Livingstone, 5th edition, 2001.
- Y. N. Singh and S. K. Singh, “Bioelectrical signals as emerging biometrics: issues and challenges,” ISRN Signal Processing, vol. 2012, Article ID 712032, 13 pages, 2012.
- Y. N. Singh and S. K. Singh, “Evaluation of electrocardiogram for biometric authentication,” Journal of Information Security, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 39–48, 2012.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “A robust delineation approach of electrocardiographic P waves,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA '09), vol. 2, pp. 846–849, October 2009.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “An efficient and robust technique of T wave delineation in electrocardiogram,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Bio-Inspired Systems and Signal Processing (BIOSIGNALS '09), pp. 146–154, January 2009.
- R. A. van den Berg, H. C. J. Hoefsloot, J. A. Westerhuis, A. K. Smilde, and M. J. van der Werf, “Centering, scaling, and transformations: improving the biological information content of metabolomics data,” BMC Genomics, vol. 7, article 142, pp. 1–15, 2006.
- R. O. Duda, P. E. Hart, and D. G. Stork, Pattern Classification, Wiley, Delhi, India, 2nd edition, 2009.
- Physionet, Physiobank archives, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, January 2011, http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/#ecg.
- L. A. Geddes and R. A. Roeder, “The first electronic electrocardiograph,” Cardiovascular Engineering, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 73–79, 2002.
- P. Zarychta, F. E. Smith, S. T. King et al., “Body surface potential mapping for detection of myocardial infarct sites,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computers in Cardiology (CAR '07), vol. 34, pp. 181–184, October 2007.
- P. De Chazal, M. O'Dwyer, and R. B. Reilly, “Automatic classification of heartbeats using ECG morphology and heartbeat interval features,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1196–1206, 2004.
- J. Pan and W. J. Tompkins, “A real-time QRS detection algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 230–236, 1985.
- Y. N. Singh and P. Gupta, “Quantitative evaluation of normalization techniques of matching scores in multimodal biometric systems,” in Advances in Biometrics, vol. 4642 of Lecture Notes of Computer Science, pp. 574–583, 2007.