- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 614803, 6 pages
Design of Combined Sliding Mode Controller Back Stepping Using Genetic Algorithm
Department of Electrical Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Gonabad Branch, Gonabad, Iran
Received 28 December 2012; Revised 3 March 2013; Accepted 4 March 2013
Academic Editor: H. P. S. Abdul Khalil
Copyright © 2013 Atefeh Marvi Moghadam and Saeed Balochian. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Yu, “Nonlinear PD regulation for ball and beam bystem,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 37–59, 2009.
- X. Li and W. Yu, “Synchronization of ball and beam systems with neural compensation,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 491–496, 2010.
- S. K. Oh, H. J. Jang, and W. Pedrycz, “The design of a fuzzy cascade controller for ball and beam system: a study in optimization with the use of parallel genetic algorithms,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 261–271, 2009.
- M. F. Rahmat, H. Wahid, and N. A. Wahab, “Application of intelligent controller in a ball and beam control system,” International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 45–60, 2010.
- M. Keshmiri, A. F. Jahromi, A. Mohebbi, M. H. Amoozgar, and W.-F. Xie, “Modeling and control of ball and beam system using model based and non-model based control approaches,” International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, vol. 5, no. 1, 2012.
- Z. H. Pang, G. Zheng, and C. X. Luo, “Augmented state estimation and LQR control for a ball and beam system,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA '11), pp. 1328–1332, Beijing, China, June 2011.
- H. Verrelst, K. van Acker, J. Suykens, B. Motmans, B. de Moor, and J. Vandewalle, “NLq neural control theory: case study for a ball and beam system,” in Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC '97), Brussels, Belgium, July 1997.
- Y. H. Chang, C. W. Chang, C. W. Tao, H. W. Lin, and J. S. Taur, “Fuzzy sliding-mode control for ball and beam system with fuzzy ant colony optimization,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 3624–3633, 2012.
- L.-C. Hung and H.-Y. Chung, “Decoupling adaptive fuzzy sliding-mode control with rule reduction for nonlinear system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems, Bangkok, Thailand, June 2006.
- M. J. Mahmoodabadi, A. Bagheri, N. Nariman-Zadeh, A. Jamali, and R. Abedzadeh Maafi, “Pareto design of decoupled sliding-mode controllers for nonlinear systems (ball and beam) based on a multiobjective genetic algorithm,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 639014, 22 pages, 2012.
- M. Nikkhah, H. Ashrafiuon, and K. R. Muske, “Optimal sliding mode control for underactuated systems,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 4688–4693, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, June 2006.
- H. Ashrafiuon and R. S. Erwin, “Sliding control approach to underactuated multibody systems,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (AAC '04), pp. 1283–1288, Boston, Mass, USA, July 2004.
- N. Luo and M. de la Sen, “State feedback sliding mode control of a class of uncertain time delay systems,” IEE Proceedings D, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 261–274, 1993.
- N. Luo, M. De La Sen, and J. Rodellar, “Robust stabilization of a class of uncertain time delay systems in sliding mode,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 59–74, 1997.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2002, http://www.egr.msu.edu/~khalil/NonlinearSystems/.
- W. Perruquetti and J. P. Barbot, Sliding Mode Control in Engineering, 2002.