- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972019, 7 pages
Comparative Study of the Thermal Shock Resistance of an Industrial Tableware Porcelain
Laboratory of Mechanics, Materials and Processes, Higher School of Science and Technology of Tunis, University of Tunis, 5 Avenue Taha Hussein, Montfleury 1008, Tunisia
Received 11 January 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Zhong-Yong Yuan
Copyright © 2013 Habib Sahlaoui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. Sane and R. L. Cook, “Effect of grinding and firing treatment on the crystalline and glass content and the physical properties of whiteware bodies,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 34, pp. 145–151, 1951.
- W. Dienst, H. Scholz, and H. Zimmermann, “Thermal shock resistance of ceramic materials in melt immersion tests,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 365–370, 1989.
- W. Zhi, Q. Qiang, W. Zhanjun, and S. Guodong, “The thermal shock resistance of the ZrB2-SiC-ZrC ceramic,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 3499–3503, 2011.
- Z. L. Mattyasovsky, “Mechanical strength of porcelain,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 40, pp. 299–306, 1957.
- A. Palatzky and T. Werner, “Increasing the mechanical strength of porcelain bodies,” Silikon-Technik, vol. 9, pp. 68–73, 1958.
- D. P. Hasselman and R. M. Fulrath, “Proposed fracture theory of a dispersion strengthened glass matrix,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 68–72, 1966.
- G. Stathis, A. Ekonomakou, C. J. Stournaras, and C. Ftikos, “Effect of firing conditions, filler grain size and quartz content on bending strength and physical properties of sanitaryware porcelain,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 2357–2366, 2004.
- S. Maity and B. K. Sarkar, “Development of high-strength whiteware bodies,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 1083–1088, 1996.
- H. Mortel, “Influence of the batch composition on the reaction behaviour and properties of fast-fired (2 h) porcelain,” Science of Ceramics, vol. 9, pp. 84–91, 1977.
- Y. Kobayashi, O. Ohira, T. Satoh, and E. Kato, “Effect of quartz on the sintering and bending strength of the porcelain bodies in quartz-feldspar-kaolin system,” Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 100–105, 1994.
- C. Leonelli, F. Bondioli, P. Veronesi et al., “Enhancing the mechanical properties of porcelain stoneware tiles: a microstructural approach,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 785–793, 2001.
- Y. Kobayashi, O. Ohira, and E. Kato, “Effect of firing temperature on bending strength of porcelains for tableware,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 75, no. 7, pp. 1801–1806, 1992.
- K. Hamano and M. Hirayama, “Effect of quartz addition on mechanical strength of porcelain bodies prepared from pottery stone,” Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 664–668, 1994.
- O. I. Ece and Z. E. Nakagawa, “Bending strength of porcelains,” Ceramics International, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 131–140, 2002.
- K. J. Anusavice and R. B. Lee, “Effect of firing temperature and water exposure on crack propagation in unglazed porcelain,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1075–1081, 1989.
- A. De Noni, D. Hotza, V. C. Soler, and E. S. Vilches, “Influence of composition on mechanical behaviour of porcelain tile. Part II: mechanical properties and microscopic residual stress,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 7-8, pp. 1736–1743, 2010.
- K. J. Anusavice, P. H. Dehoff, S. W. Twiggs, and P. C. Lockwood, “Thermal shock resistance of porcelain discs,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 1082–1085, 1983.
- S. N. White, “Mechanical fatigue of a feldspathic dental porcelain,” Dental Materials, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 260–264, 1993.
- X. Zhang, Z. Wang, C. Hong, P. Hu, and W. Han, “Modification and validation of the thermal shock parameter for ceramic matrix composites under water quenching condition,” Materials and Design, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 4552–4556, 2009.
- H. Sahlaoui and H. Sidhom, “Improvement of mechanical and thermal properties of glass structures by a metallic oxide addition and suitable heat treatments,” Annales de Chimie, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 55–66, 2001.
- N. Montoya, F. J. Serrano, M. M. Reventós, J. M. Amigo, and J. Alarcón, “Effect of TiO2 on the mullite formation and mechanical properties of alumina porcelain,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 839–846, 2010.
- A. R. Boccaccini, K. Pfeiffer, and H. Kern, “Thermal shock resistant Al2TiO5-glass matrix composite,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 18, no. 23, pp. 1907–1909, 1999.
- X. Tian, B. Sun, J. G. Heinrich, and D. Li, “Stress relief mechanism in layer-wise laser directly sintered porcelain ceramics,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 7-8, pp. 1695–1703, 2010.