- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 908234, 10 pages
Characterization of Hardware Impairments in Multiple Antenna Systems for DoA Estimation
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica, Gestionale e Meccanica, Università degli Studi di Udine, Via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Received 25 July 2011; Accepted 12 September 2011
Academic Editor: Nikos Sagias
Copyright © 2011 Daniele Inserra and Andrea M. Tonello. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Amitay, R. G. Pecina, and C. P. Wu, “Radiation properties of large planar arrays,” Tech. Rep., Bell Telephone Lab, Whippany, NJ, USA, 1965.
- A. L. Swindlehurst, “Maximum likelihood doa estimation and detection without eigendecomposition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '92), pp. 401–404, March 1992.
- R. O. Schmidt, “Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-34, no. 3, pp. 276–280, 1986.
- R. Roy and T. Kailath, “ESPRIT—estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 984–995, 1989.
- M. P. Wylie, S. Roy, and H. Messer, “Joint DOA estimation and phase calibration of linear equispaced (LES) arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 3449–3459, 1994.
- A. Paulraj and T. Kailath, “Direction of arrival estimation by eigenstructure methods with unknown sensor gain and phase,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '88), pp. 2681–2684, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- C. Wang and J. A. Cadzow, “Direction-finding with sensor gain, phase and location uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '91), pp. 1429–1432, July 1991.
- K. R. Dandekar, H. Ling, and G. Xu, “Smart antenna array calibration procedure including amplitude and phase mismatch and mutual coupling effects,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications(ICPWC '00), pp. 293–297, December 2000.
- C. Reck, U. Berold, J. Weinzierl, and L. P. Schmidt, “Direction of arrival estimation from secondary surveillance radar signals in presence of hardware imperfections,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Radar Conference, pp. 252–255, October 2008.
- “Lyrtech website,” http://www.lyrtech.com.
- J. G. Proakis, Digital Communications, McGraw–Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1995.
- H. Meyr, M. Moeneclaey, and S. A. Fetchel, Digital Communication Receivers: Synchronization, Channel Estimation, and Signal Processing, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1997.
- B. Lindoff and P. Malm, “BER performance analysis of a direct conversion receiver,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 856–865, 2002.
- H. K. Hwang, Z. Aliyazicioglu, M. Grice, and A. Yakovlev, “Direction of arrival estimation using a root-music algorithm,” in Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists (IMECS '08), March 2008.
- D. Inserra and A. M. Tonello, “DoA estimation with compensation of hardware impairments,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTCFall '10), Ottawa, ON, Canda, September 2010.
- D. Inserra, A. M. Tonello, and N. Moret, “Positioning based on 2-d aoa estimation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 73rd Vehicular Technology Conference Spring (VTCSpring '11), Budapest, Hungary, May 2011.
- P. B. Kenington, RF and Baseband Techniques for Software Defined Radio, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2005.
- P. Robertson and S. Kaiser, “Analysis of the effects of phase-noise in orthogonal frequency division multiplex (ofdm) systems,” in Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '95), pp. 1652–1657, Seattle, Wash, USA, June 1995.
- Y. Hua, T. K. Sarkar, and D. D. Weiner, “An L-shaped array for estimating 2-D directions of wave arrival,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 1991.