- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 169853, 15 pages
Blind-Matched Filtering for Speech Enhancement with Distributed Microphones
Institute for System Dynamics, HTWG Konstanz, Brauneggerstrasse 55, 78462 Konstanz, Germany
Received 4 May 2012; Revised 18 July 2012; Accepted 2 August 2012
Academic Editor: Sriram Srinivasan
Copyright © 2012 Sebastian Stenzel and Jürgen Freudenberger. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Hänsler and G. Schmidt, Speech and Audio Processing in Adverse Environments: Signals and Communication Technologie, Springer, 2008.
- O. L. Frost, “An algorithm for linearly constrained adaptive array processing,” Proceedings of IEEE, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 926–935, 1972.
- L. J. Griffiths and C. W. Jim, “An alternative approach to linearly constrained adaptive beamforming,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 1982.
- A. Guérin, R. Le Bouquin-Jeannès, and G. Faucon, “A two-sensor noise reduction system: applications for hands-free car kit,” Eurasip Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2003, no. 11, pp. 1125–1134, 2003.
- T. Gerkmann and R. Martin, “Soft decision combining for dual channel noise reduction,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Spoken Language Processing (INTERSPEECH '06-ICSLP, pp. 2134–2137, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, September 2006.
- J. Freudenberger, S. Stenzel, and B. Venditti, “Spectral combining for microphone diversity systems,” in Proceedings of the European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO '09), pp. 854–858, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, 2009.
- S. Doclo, A. Spriet, M. Moonen, and J. Wouters, “Speech distortion weighted multichannel wiener filtering techniques for noise reduction,” in Speech Enhancement, chapter 9, Springer, 2005.
- S. Doclo, A. Spriet, J. Wouters, and M. Moonen, “Frequency-domain criterion for the speech distortion weighted multichannel Wiener filter for robust noise reduction,” Speech Communication, vol. 49, no. 7-8, pp. 636–656, 2007.
- S. Gannot, D. Burshtein, and E. Weinstein, “Signal enhancement using beamforming and nonstationarity with applications to speech,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1614–1626, 2001.
- S. Gannot and I. Cohen, “Speech enhancement based on the general transfer function GSC and postfiltering,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 561–571, 2004.
- S. Affes and Y. Grenier, “A signal subspace tracking algorithm for microphone array processing of speech,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 425–437, 1997.
- S. Gannot and M. Moonen, “Subspace methods for multimicrophone speech dereverberation,” Eurasip Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2003, no. 11, pp. 1074–1090, 2003.
- M. Delcroix, T. Hikichi, and M. Miyoshi, “Dereverberation and denoising using multichannel linear prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1791–1801, 2007.
- I. Ram, E. Habets, Y. Avargel, and I. Cohen, “Multi-microphone speech dereverberation using LIME and least squares filtering,” in Proceedings of the European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO '08), Lausanne, Switzerland, Augast 2008.
- D. Schmid and G. Enzner, “Robust subsystems for iterative multichannel blind system identification and equalization,” in Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing (PACRIM '09), pp. 889–893, August 2009.
- J. Freudenberger, S. Stenzel, and B. Venditti, “Microphone diversity combining for In-car applications,” Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2010, Article ID 509541, 2010.
- S. Applebaum, “Adaptive arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 585–598, 1976.
- S. Doclo and M. Moonen, “Robust time-delay estimation in highly adverse acoustic environments,” in Proceedings of IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics, pp. 59–62, October 2001.
- E. Warsitz and R. Haeb-Umbach, “Blind acoustic beamforming based on generalized eigenvalue decomposition,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1529–1539, 2007.
- S. Doclo, S. Gannot, M. Moonen, and A. Spriet, “Acoustic beamforming for hearing aid applications,” in Handbook on Array Processing and Sensor Networks, chapter 9, Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- R. Martin and P. Vary, “Combined acoustic echo cancellation, dereverberation and noise reduction: a two microphone approach,” Annales Des Télécommunications, vol. 49, no. 7-8, pp. 429–438, 1994.
- K. S. Miller, “On the inverse of the sum of matrices,” Mathematics Magazine, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 67–72, 1981.
- ITU-T, Test Signals for Use in Telephonometry, Recommendation ITU-T P.501, International Telecommunication Union, Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- J. B. Allen and D. A. Berkley, “Image method for efficiently simulating small-room acoustics,” Journal Acoustic Society of America, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 943–950, 1979.
- B. Holter and G. E. Oien, “The optimal weights of a maximum ratio combiner using an eigenfilter approach,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Nordic Signal Processing Symposium (NORSIG '02), Hurtigruten, Norway, 2002.
- H. Cox, R. Zeskind, and M. Owen, “Robust adaptive beamforming,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1365–1376, 1987.
- G. Doblinger, “Computationally efficient speech enhancement by spectral minima tracking in subbands,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology (EUROSPEECH '95), vol. 2, pp. 1513–1516, Madrid, Spain, 1995.
- I. Cohen, “On speech enhancement under signal presence uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the Interntional Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '01), vol. 1, pp. 661–664, May 2001.
- M. Rahmani, A. Akbari, and B. Ayad, “An iterative noise cross-PSD estimation for two-microphone speech enhancement,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 514–521, 2009.
- R. Hendriks and T. Gerkmann, “Noise correlation matrix estimation for multi-microphone speech enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 20, no. 1, p. 223, 2011.
- M. Berouti, R. Schwartz, and J. Makhoul, “Enhancement of speech corrupted by acoustic noise,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '79), pp. 208–211, 1979.
- N. Dal Degan and C. Prati, “Acoustic noise analysis and speech enhancement techniques for mobile radio applications,” Signal Processing, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 43–56, 1988.
- M. Doerbecker, “Sind kohärenzbasierte Störgeräuschreduktionsverfahren für elektrische Hörhilfen geeignet?—Modelle zur Beschreibung der Kohärenzeigenschaften kopfbezogener Mikrofonsignale,” in ITG-Fachtagung Sprachkommunikation und 9. Konferenz Elektronische Sprachsignalverarbeitung, pp. 53–56, Dresden, Germany, 1998.
- W. Armbrüster, R. Czarnach, and P. Vary, “Adaptive noise cancellation with reference input,” in Signal Processing III, pp. 391–394, Elsevier, 1986.
- ITU-T, Objective Measurement of Active Speech Level, Recommendation ITU-T P.56, International Telecommunication Union, Geneva, Switzerland, 1996.
- J. Reimes, H. W. Gierlich, F. Kettler, and S. Poschen, “Ein neues Verfahren zur objektiven Beurteilung der Sprachqualität bei Hintergrundger äuschen : 3QUEST,” in 8. ITG-Fachtagung Sprachkommunikation, 2008.
- C. H. Knapp and G. C. Carter, “The generalized correlation method for estimation of time delay,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 320–327, 1976.
- E. A. P. Habets, “Single-channel speech dereverberation based on spectral subtraction,” in Proceedings of the 15th Annual Workshop on Circuits, vol. 10, pp. 250–254, 2004.
- H. W. Löllmann and P. Vary, “Low Delay Noise Reduction and Dereverberation for Hearing Aids,” Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2009, Article ID 437807, 2009.
- G. Strang, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Lisbon, Portugal, 1988.