- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 179693, 11 pages
A New Chaos-Based Image-Encryption and Compression Algorithm
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Qatar University, P.O. Box 2713, Doha, Qatar
2Department of Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Basrah, B.P. 49, Basrah, Iraq
Received 1 September 2011; Revised 20 December 2011; Accepted 17 January 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Bouridane
Copyright © 2012 Somaya Al-Maadeed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Hossam El-din, H. M. Kalash, and O. S. Farag Allah, “An efficient chaos-based feedback stream cipher (ECBFSC) for image encryption and decryption,” Informatica, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 121–129, 2007.
- J. Fridrich, “Symmetric ciphers based on two-dimensional chaotic maps,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1259–1284, 1998.
- R. Pfarrhofer and A. Uh, “Selective image encryption using JBIG,” in Proceedings of the Communications and Multimedia Security (CMS '05), pp. 98–107, September 2005.
- T. Kunkelmann, “Applying encryption to video communication,” in Proceedings of the Multimedia and Security Workshop at (ACM Multimedia '98), pp. 41–47, England, UK, September 1998.
- L. Qiao and K. Nahrstedt, “Comparison of mpeg encryption algorithms,” Computers and Graphics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 437–448, 1998.
- B. Bhargava, C. Shi, and S. Y. Wang, “MPEG video encryption algorithms,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 57–79, 2004.
- J. But, “Limitations of existing MPEG-1 ciphers for streaming video,” Tech. Rep. CAIA 040429A, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia, April 2004.
- A. Pommer and A. Uhl, “Selective encryption of wavelet-packet encoded image data: efficiency and security,” Multimedia Systems, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 279–287, 2003.
- H. Cheng and X. Li, “Partial encryption of compressed images and videos,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 2439–2451, 2000.
- X. Li, J. Knipe, and H. Cheng, “Image compression and encryption using tree structures,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 18, no. 11-13, pp. 1253–1259, 1997.
- S. Roche, J.-L. Dugelay, and R. Molva, “Multi-resolution access control algorithm based on fractal coding,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image processing (ICIP'96), pp. 235–238, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Lausanne, Switzerland, September 1996.
- T. S. Chen, C. C. Chang, and M. S. Hwang, “A virtual image cryptosystem based upon vector quantization,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1485–1488, 1998.
- J. Scharinger, “Fast encryption of image data using chaotic Kolmogorov flows,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 318–325, 1998.
- Y. Mao and G. Chen, “Chaos based image encryption,” in Handbook of Computational Geometry for Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, Neural Computing and Robotics, E. B. Corrochano, Ed., Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2004.
- M. S. Azzaz, C. Tanougast, S. Adoudi, A. Bouridane, and A. Dandache, “An FPGA implementation of a feed-back chaotic synchronization for secure communications,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP '10), pp. 239–243, July 2010.
- M. S. Azzaz, C. Tanougast, S. Sadoudi, A. Dandache, and F. Monteiro, “Real-time image encryption based chaotic synchronized embedded cryptosystems,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International NEWCAS Conference (NEWCAS '10), pp. 61–64, June 2010.
- S. Sadoudi, C. Tanougast, M. S. Azzaz, A. Dandache, and A. Bouridane, “Embedded genesio-tesi chaotic generator for ciphering communications,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP '10), pp. 234–238, July 2010.
- A. Cohen and J. Kovacevic, “Wavelets: the mathematical background,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 514–522, 1996.
- G. Lekutai, Adaptive self-tuning neuro wavelet network controllers, Ph.D. thesis, Electrical Engineering Department, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Blackburg, Virginia , Va, USA, March 1997.
- C.-H. Hsu, A study of chaotic image encryption algorithm, M.S. thesis, Electrical Engineering Department, Chung Yuan Christian University, 2004.
- F. Belkhouche and U. Qidwai, “Binary image encoding using 1D-chaotic maps,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Region 5 Annual Technical Conference, pp. 39–42, New Orleans, La, USA, April 2003.
- R. M. May, “Simple mathematical models with very complicated dynamics,” Nature, vol. 261, no. 5560, pp. 459–467, 1976.