- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 282019, 12 pages
Application of Perceptual Filtering Models to Noisy Speech Signals Enhancement
1LRSITI, Département Génie Electrique, Ecole Nationale des Ingénieurs de Tunis, BP 37, 1002 Le Belvédère, Tunisia
2Département de Génie Physique et Instrumentations, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologies, Centre Urbain Nord, BP 676, 1080 Tunis Cedex, Tunisia
Received 20 March 2012; Revised 24 May 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editor: Raj Senani
Copyright © 2012 Novlene Zoghlami and Zied Lachiri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Berouti, R. Schwartz, and J. Makhoul, “Enhancement of speech corrupted by acoustic noise,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 208–211, April 1979.
- Y. Ephraim and D. Malah, “Speech enhancement using a minimum mean-square error-log-spectral amplitude estimator,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 443–445, 1985.
- S. Kamath and P. Loizou, “A multi-band spectral subtraction method for enhancing speech corrupted by colored noise,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '02), vol. 4, pp. 4160–4164, May 2002.
- R. M. Udrea, S. Ciochinǎ, and D. N. Vizireanu, “Multi-band bark scale spectral over-subtraction for colored noise reduction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS '05), pp. 311–314, Iasi, Romania, July 2005.
- M. Klein and P. Kabal, “Signal subspace speech enhancement with perceptual post-filtering,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '02), pp. 537–540, May 2002.
- R. M. Udrea, N. Vizireanu, S. Ciochina, and S. Halunga, “Nonlinear spectral subtraction method for colored noise reduction using multi-band Bark scale,” Signal Processing, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 1299–1303, 2008.
- R. M. Udrea, N. D. Vizireanu, and S. Ciochina, “An improved spectral subtraction method for speech enhancement using a perceptual weighting filter,” Digital Signal Processing, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 581–587, 2008.
- M. Udrea and S. Ciochina, “Speech enhancement using spectral over-subtraction and residual noise reduction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS '03), vol. 2, pp. 311–314, 2003.
- D. E. Tsoukalas, J. N. Mourjopoulos, and G. Kokkinakis, “Speech enhancement based on audible noise suppression,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 497–514, 1997.
- N. Virag, “Single channel speech enhancement based on masking properties of the human auditory system,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 126–137, 1999.
- A. Amehraye, D. Pastor, A. Tamtaoui, and D. Aboutajdine, “From maskee to audible noise in perceptual speech enhancement,” International Journal of Signal Processing, vol. 5, article 2, 2009.
- V. Hohmann, “Frequency analysis and synthesis using a Gammatone filterbank,” Acta Acustica United with Acustica, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 433–442, 2002.
- T. Irino and M. Unoki, “An analysis/synthesis perceptual filterbank based on an IIR gammachrp filter,” in Computational models of Perceptual Function, S. Greenberg and M. Slaney, Eds., vol. 312 of NATO ASI Series, IOS Press, 2001.
- P. Loizou, “Speech Enhancement: Theory and Practice,” CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA.
- R. Martin, “Noise power spectral density estimation based on optimal smoothing and minimum statistics,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 504–512, 2001.
- I. Cohen and B. Berdugo, “Noise estimation by minima controlled recursive averaging for robust speech enhancement,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 12–15, 2002.
- I. Cohen, “Noise spectrum estimation in adverse environments: improved minima controlled recursive averaging,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 466–475, 2003.
- S. Rangachari and P. C. Loizou, “A noise-estimation algorithm for highly non-stationary environments,” Speech Communication, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 220–231, 2006.
- ITU-T P.835, “Subjective test methodology for evaluating speech communication systems that include noise suppression algorithm,” International Telecommunication Union ITU-T Recommendation P.835, 2003.
- S. J. Young, The HTK Book 3.1, Entropic, 2002.