- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 382979, 6 pages
Analysis of a Pareto Mixture Distribution for Maritime Surveillance Radar
Electronic Warfare and Radar Division, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, P.O. Box 1500, Edinburgh, SA 5111, Australia
Received 24 April 2012; Accepted 6 August 2012
Academic Editor: Igor Djurović
Copyright © 2012 Graham V. Weinberg and Daniel Finch. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Dong, “Distribution of X-band high resolution and high grazing angle sea clutter,” DSTO Report RR-0316, 2006.
- G. V. Weinberg, “Neyman-pearson optimal and suboptimal detection for signals in general clutter mixture distributions,” DSTO Report RR-0363, 2011.
- M. Farshchian and F. L. Posner, “The pareto distribution for low grazing angle and high resolution X-band sea clutter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Radar Conference 2010, RADAR 2010, pp. 789–793, May 2010.
- G. V. Weinberg, “Assessing Pareto fit to high-resolution high-grazing-angle sea clutter,” Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 516–517, 2011.
- G. V. Weinberg, “Coherent multilook radar detection for targets in pareto distributed clutter,” Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 14, pp. 822–824, 2011.
- N. Levanon, Radar Principles, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- G. V. Trunk and S. F. George, “Detection of Targets in Non-Gaussian Sea Clutter,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 620–628, 1970.
- D. C. Schleher, “Radar detection in weibull clutter,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. AES-12, no. 6, pp. 736–743, 1976.
- E. Jakeman and P. N. Pusey, “A model for non-rayleigh sea echo,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-24, no. 6, pp. 806–818, 1976.
- Y. Dong, “Optimal coherent radar detection in a K-distributed clutter environment,” IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 283–292, 2012.
- L. Rosenberg, D. J. Crisp, and N. J. Stacy, “Analysis of the KK-distribution with medium grazing angle sea-clutter,” IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 209–222, 2010.
- Y. Dong and B. Haywood, “High grazing angle X-band sea clutter distributions,” in Proceedings of the RADAR 2007—The Institution of Engineering and Technology International Conference on Radar Systems, October 2007.
- G. V. Weinberg, “Coherent multilook radar detection for targets in KK-distributed clutter,” in Digital Communication, C. Palanisamy, Ed., chapter 9, Intech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2012.
- M. Evans, N. Hastings, and B. Peacock, Statistical Distributions, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2000.
- G. P. Beaumont, Intermediate Mathematical Statistics, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1980.
- G. Bruno, “Pareto, Vilfredo,” in The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics, vol. 5, pp. 799–804, 1987.
- R. Cirillo, The Economics of Vilfredo Pareto, Frank Cass Publishers, London, UK, 1978.
- I. B. Aban, M. M. Meerschaert, and A. K. Panorska, “Parameter estimation for the truncated pareto distribution,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 101, no. 473, pp. 270–277, 2006.
- A. V. Asimit, E. Furman, and R. Vernic, “On a multivariate pareto distribution,” Insurance, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 308–316, 2010.
- M. Rytgaard, “Estimation in the pareto distribution,” ASTIN Bulletin, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 201–216, 1990.
- E. Chlebus and R. Ohri, “Estimating parameters of the pareto distribution by means of zipf's law: application to internet research,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Globecom, pp. 1039–1043, December 2005.
- X. Shang and H. Song, “Radar detection based on compound-gaussian model with inverse gamma texture,” IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 315–321, 2011.
- K. J. Sangston, F. Gini, and M. S. Greco, “New results on coherent radar target detection in heavy-tailed compound-gaussian clutter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Radar Conference, pp. 779–784, May 2010.
- N. J. S. Stacy, D. Crisp, A. Goh, D. Badger, and M. Preiss, “Polarimetric analysis of fine resolution X-band SAR sea clutter data,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS '05), pp. 2787–2790, July 2005.
- M. Rangaswamy, D. Weiner, and A. Oeztuerk, “Non-Gaussian random vector identification using spherically invariant random processes,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 111–124, 1993.
- K. Yao, “Radar detection based on compound-Gaussian model with inverse gamma texture,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. IT-19, no. 5, pp. 600–608, 1973.