- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 457374, 13 pages
Digital Augmented Reality Audio Headset
Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics, Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering, P.O. Box 13000, 00076 Aalto, Finland
Received 4 May 2012; Revised 31 August 2012; Accepted 9 September 2012
Academic Editor: Athanasios Mouchtaris
Copyright © 2012 Jussi Rämö and Vesa Välimäki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Härmä, J. Jakka, M. Tikander et al., “Augmented reality audio for mobile and wearable appliances,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 618–639, 2004.
- R. W. Lindeman, H. Noma, and P. G. De Barros, “An empirical study of hear-through augmented reality: using bone conduction to deliver spatialized audio,” in Proceedings of IEEE Virtual Reality (VR '08), pp. 35–42, Reno, Nev, USA, March 2008.
- D. Brungart, A. Kordik, C. Eades, and B. Simpson, “The effect of microphone placement on localization accuracy with electronic pass-through earplugs,” in Proceedings of IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA '03), New Paltz, NY, USA, October 2003.
- V. Riikonen, M. Tikander, and M. Karjalainen, “An augmented reality audio mixer and equalizer,” in Proceedings of AES 124th Convention, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 2008.
- M. Tikander, “Usability issues in listening to natural sounds with an augmented reality audio headset,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 430–441, 2009.
- A. Härmä, J. Jakka, M. Tikander et al., “Techniques and applications of wearable augmented reality audio,” in Proceedings of AES 114th Convention, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March 2003.
- T. Lokki, H. Nironen, S. Vesa, L. Savioja, A. Härmä, and M. Karjalainen, “Application scenarios of wearable and mobile augmented reality audio,” in Proceedings of AES 116th Convention, Berlin, Germany, May 2004.
- M. Tikander, M. Karjalainen, and V. Riikonen, “An augmented reality audio headset,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx '08), Espoo, Finland, September 2008.
- J. Rämö and V. Välimäki, “Signal processing framework for virtual headphone listening tests in a noisy environment,” in Proceedings of AES 132nd Convention, Budapest, Hungary, April 2012.
- M. Tikander, “Modeling the attenuation of a loosely-fit insert headphone for Augmented Reality Audio,” in Proceedings of AES 30th International Conference, Saariselkä, Finland, March 2007.
- C. A. Poldy, “Headphones,” in Loudspeaker and Headphone Handbook, J. Borwick, Ed., pp. 585–692, Focal Press, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1994.
- P. Titchener, “Adaptive filters for audio—an overview with application examples,” in Proceedings of the AES 93rd Convention, San Francisco, Calif, USA, October 1992.
- D. Wessel and M. Wright, “Problems and prospects for intimate musical control of computers,” Computer Music Journal, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 11–22, 2002.
- M. Story, “Audio analog-to-digital converters,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 145–158, 2004.
- B. Baker, “Analogue-to-digital conversion: basics of ADC latency,” EE Times India, 2009.
- M. Koen, “High speed data conversion,” Burr-Brown, 1991.
- J. O. Smith, Introduction to Digital Filters with Audio Applications, W3K Publishing, 2007.
- B. Rafaely, “Active noise reducing headset—an overview,” in Proceedings of the International Congress and Exhibition on Noise Control Engineering, The Hague, The Netherlands, August 2001.
- ADAU1761 Data Sheet Rev C, Analog Devices, 2010.
- A. Farina, “Simultaneous measurement of impulse response and distortion with a swept-sine technique,” in Proceedings of AES 108th Convention, Paris, France, February 2000.
- UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid User Guide, MOTU, 2010.
- FuzzMeasure Pro 3.2 User Guide, SuperMegaUltraGroovy, 2010.
- R. Buecklein, “The audibility of frequency response irregularities,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 126–131, 1981.
- S. Brunner, H.-J. Maempel, and S. Weinzierl, “On the audibility of comb-filter distortions,” in Proceedings of AES 122nd Convention, Vienna, Austria, May 2007.