- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 503834, 12 pages
Efficient Dual Domain Decoding of Linear Block Codes Using Genetic Algorithms
SIME Lab, ENSIAS, Mohammed V-Souissi University, Rabat, Morocco
Received 14 September 2011; Revised 21 December 2011; Accepted 12 January 2012
Academic Editor: Lisimachos P. Kondi
Copyright © 2012 Ahmed Azouaoui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. C. Clarck and J. B. Cain, Error-Correction Coding for Digital Communication, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- Y. S. Han, C. R. P. Hartmann, and C.-C. Chen, “Efficient maximum likelihood soft-decision decoding of linear block codes using algorithm A*,” Tech. Rep. SU-CIS-91-42, School of Computer and Information Science, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, USA, 1991.
- H. Maini, K. Mehrotra, C. Mohan, and S. Ranka, “Soft decision decoding of linear block codes using genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, p. 397, Trondheim , Norway, 1994.
- J.-L. Wu, Y.-H. Tseng, and Y.-M. Huang, “Neural networks decoders for linear block codes,” International Journal of Computational Engineering Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 235–255, 2002.
- F. A. Cardoso and D. S. Arantes, “Genetic decoding of linear block codes,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 2302–2309, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
- I. Shakeel, “GA-based Soft-decision decoding of linear block codes,” in Proceedings of the International Confrrence on Telecommunications Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 13–17, Doha, Qatar, April 2010.
- J. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- M. P. C. Fossorier and S. Lin, “Soft-decision decoding of linear block codes based on ordered statistics,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1379–1396, 1995.
- M. P. C. Fossorier, S. Lin, and J. Snyders, “Reliability-based syndrome decoding of linear block codes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 388–398, 1998.
- D. Chase, “Class of algorithms for decoding blockcodes with channel measurement information,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 170–182, 1972.