- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 614384, 10 pages
On Particle Swarm Optimization for MIMO Channel Estimation
Information and Coding Theory Laboratory, University of Kiel, 24143 Kiel, Germany
Received 7 July 2011; Revised 30 November 2011; Accepted 14 December 2011
Academic Editor: Lisimachos P. Kondi
Copyright © 2012 Christopher Knievel and Peter Adam Hoeher. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- 3GPP TS 36.300 version 10.0.0, 2010.
- J. Ylioinas and M. Juntti, “Iterative joint detection, decoding, and channel estimation in turbo-coded MIMO-OFDM,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 1784–1796, 2009.
- C. Knievel, Z. Shi, P. A. Hoeher, and G. Auer, “2D graph-based softchannel estimation for MIMO-OFDM,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10), Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, Swarm Intelligence, Morgan Kaufmann, 2001.
- D. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and MachineLearning, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- M. Y. Alias, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “Multiple-antenna-aided OFDM employing genetic-algorithm-assisted minimum bit error rate multiuser detection,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1713–1721, 2005.
- Y. Gao, Z. Li, X. Hu, and H. Liu, “A multi-population particle swarmoptimizer and its application to blind multichannel estimation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '07), Haikou, China, August 2007.
- S. Tao, X. Jiadong, and Z. Kai, “Blind MIMO identification using particleswarm algorithm,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCom '07), Shanghai, China, September 2007.
- H. Bodur, C. A. Tunc, D. Aktas, V. B. Erturk, and A. Altintas, “Particleswarm optimization for SAGE maximization step in channel parameterestimation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP '07), Ankara, Turkey, November 2007.
- W. Dong, J. Li, and Z. Lu, “Joint frequency offset and channel estimationfor MIMO systems based on particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 67th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '08-Spring), Singapore, May 2008.
- K. Schmeink, R. Block, C. Knievel, and P. A. Hoeher, “Joint channel andparameter estimation for combined communication and navigation usingparticle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Positioning Navigationand Communication (WPNC '10), Dresden, Germany, March 2010.
- C.-H. Cheng, H.-C. Hsu, Y.-F. Huang, J.-H. Wen, and L.-C. Hsu, “Performance of an adaptive PSO parallel interference canceller forCDMA communication systems,” in Proceedings of the 5th Annual ICST WirelessInternet Conference (WICON '10), Singapore, March 2010.
- H. Palally, S. Chen, W. Yao, and L. Hanzo, “Particle swarm optimisationaided semi-blind joint maximum likelihood channel estimation and datadetection for MIMO systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/SP 15th Workshop on StatisticalSignal Processing (SSP '09), pp. 309–312, September 2009.
- K. K. Soo, Y. M. Siu, W. S. Chan, L. Yang, and R. S. Chen, “Particle-swarm-optimization-based multiuser detector for CDMA communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 3006–3013, 2007.
- L. D. Orazio, Study and development of novel techniques for PHYlayeroptimization of smart terminals in the context of next-generationmobile communications, Ph.D. thesis, University of Trento, Trento, Italy, 2008.
- N. Liangfang and D. Sidan, “Evolutionary particle swarm algorithmbased on higher-order cumulant fitting for blind channel identification,” in Proceedings of the Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing(WiCOM '08), Dalian, China, October 2008.
- W. Qiang, Z. Jiashu, and Y. Jing, “Identification of nonlinear communication channel using an novel particle swarm optimization technique,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE '08), pp. 1162–1165, December 2008.
- F. van den Bergh and A. P. Engelbrecht, “A cooperative approach to participle swam optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 225–239, 2004.
- Y. Shi and R. Eberhart, “A modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, May 1998.
- D. Bratton and J. Kennedy, “Defining a standard for particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium (SIS '07), pp. 120–127, April 2007.
- Z.-H. Zhan, J. Zhang, Y. Li, and H. S.-H. Chung, “Adaptive particleswarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 227–234, 2009.
- A. Carlisle and G. Dozier, “An off-the-shelf PSO,” in Proceedings of the Particle Swarm Optimization Workshop, pp. 1–6, April 2001.
- K. Zielinski and R. Laur, “Stopping criteria for a constrained single-objective particle swarm optimization algorithm,” Informatica, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 51–59, 2007.
- T. Hendtlass, “Particle swarm optimization and high dimensional problemspaces,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '09), Trondheim, Norway, May 2009.
- B. Hassibi and B. M. Hochwald, “How much training is needed in multiple-antenna wireless links?” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 951–963, 2003.
- S. K. Mohammed, A. Zaki, A. Chockalingam, and B. S. Rajan, “Highratespace-time coded large-MIMO systems: low-complexity detectionand channel estimation,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 958–974, 2009.
- S. Mostaghim and J. Teich, “Strategies for finding good local guides inmulti-objective particle swarm optimization (MOPSO),” in Proceedings of the IEEESwarm Intelligence Symposium (SIS '03), Indianapolis, Ind, USA, April 2003.
- C. Knievel, P. A. Hoeher, G. Auer, and A. Tyrrell, “Particle swarmenhanced graph-based channel estimation for MIMO-OFDM,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '11-Spring), Budapest, Hungary, May 2011.