- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 632762, 15 pages
Performance Analysis of Different Types of Sensor Networks for Cognitive Radios
InterDigital Communications, LLC, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Received 9 March 2012; Revised 7 September 2012; Accepted 9 September 2012
Academic Editor: George Tombras
Copyright © 2012 Chunxuan Ye et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Yücek and H. Arslan, “A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 116–130, 2009.
- E. Peh and Y. C. Liang, “Optimization for cooperative sensing in cognitive radio networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 27–32, Hong Kong, March 2007.
- Z. Chair and P. K. Varshney, “Optimal data fusion in multiple sensor detection systems,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 98–101, 1986.
- F. F. Digham, M. S. Alouini, and M. K. Simon, “On the energy detection of unknown signals over fading channels,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '03), pp. 3575–3579, Seattle, Wash, USA, May 2003.
- J. Ma, G. Zhao, and Y. Li, “Soft combination and detection for cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 4502–4507, 2008.
- S. M. Mishra, A. Sahai, and R. W. Brodersen, “Cooperative sensing among cognitive radios,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '06), pp. 1658–1663, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2006.
- R. Vegt, “Potential compromise for 802. 11ah use case document,” IEEE 802. 11ah contribution, no. 0457r0, 2011.
- J. Chamberland and V. V. Veeravalli, “Decentralized detection in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '10), Princeton, NJ, USA, March 2002.
- Q. Cheng, P. K. Varshney, K. Mehrotra, and C. K. Mohan, “Optimal bandwidth assignment for distributed sequential detection,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Fusion, Annapolis, Md, USA, July 2002.
- J. Hu and R. S. Blum, “On the optimality of finite-level quantizations for distributed signal detection,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1665–1671, 2001.
- F. Yi, Y. Yi, and L. Liu, “Optimal fusion scheme in wireless sensor networks under sum-rate capacity constraint,” in Proceedings of the 44th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '10), March 2010.
- R. Niu, B. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “Fusion of decisions transmitted over Rayleigh fading channels in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1018–1027, 2006.
- R. Jiang and B. Chen, “Fusion of censored decisions in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 2668–2673, 2005.
- Y. Lin, B. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “Decision fusion rules in multi-hop wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 475–488, 2005.
- B. Liu, B. Chen, and R. S. Blum, “Exploiting the finite-alphabet property for cooperative relays,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '05), vol. 3, pp. 357–360, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, March 2005.
- B. Liu and B. Chen, “Decentralized detection in wireless sensor networks with channel fading statistics,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2007, Article 062915, Article ID 62915, 2007.
- T. Y. Wang, Y. S. Han, B. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “A combined decision fusion and channel coding scheme for distributed fault-tolerant classification in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1695–1705, 2006.
- IEEE P1900. 6, “Draft standard for spectrum sensing interfaces and data structures for dynamic spectrum access and other advanced radio communication systems,” IEEE document, April 2010.
- G. John, Proakis and Masoud Salehi, Digital Communications, McGraw-Hill, 5th edition, 2008.
- M. Yu, J. Li, and H. Sadjadpour, “Amplify-forward and decode-forward: the impact of location and capacity contour,” in Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '05), vol. 3, pp. 1609–1615, October 2005.
- W. Cho and L. Yang, “Energy and location optimization for relay networks with differential modulation,” in Proceedings of the Army Science Conference, November 2006.
- C. Yang, W. Wang, S. Zhao, and M. Peng, “Location optimization for decode-and-forward opportunistic cooperative networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Wireless Internet Conference (WICON '10), March 2010.
- R. Yin, Y. Zhang, J. Zhang, G. Yu, Z. Zhang, and H. Yanikomeroglu, “Optimal relay location for fading relay channels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC2010-Fall '10), September 2010.