- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 680318, 12 pages
Analytical Evaluation of the Performance of Proportional Fair Scheduling in OFDMA-Based Wireless Systems
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University, St. John’s, NL, A1B 3X5, Canada
Received 2 March 2012; Accepted 7 May 2012
Academic Editor: Yi Su
Copyright © 2012 Mohamed H. Ahmed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. C. Wang and W. J. Lin, “Throughput and fairness enhancement for OFDMA broadband wireless access systems using the maximum C/I scheduling,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 60th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '04), pp. 4696–4700, September 2004.
- Y. Ben-Shimol, I. Kitroser, and Y. Dinitz, “Two-dimensional mapping for wireless OFDMA systems,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 388–396, 2006.
- C. Y. Wong, R. S. Cheng, K. B. Letaief, and R. D. Murch, “Multiuser OFDM with adaptive subcarrier, bit, and power allocation,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1747–1758, 1999.
- I. C. Wong and B. L. Evans, “Optimal resource allocation in the OFDMA downlink with imperfect channel knowledge,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 232–241, 2009.
- H. J. Zhu and R. H. M. Hafez, “Scheduling schemes for multimedia service in wireless OFDM systems,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 99–105, 2007.
- N. Ruangchaijatupon and Y. Ji, “Simple proportional fairness scheduling for OFDMA frame-based wireless systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '08), pp. 1593–1597, usa, April 2008.
- K. W. Choi, W. S. Jeon, and D. G. Jeong, “Resource allocation in OFDMA wireless communications systems supporting multimedia services,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 926–935, 2009.
- R. Almatarneh, M. Ahmed, and O. Dobre, “Frequency-time scheduling algorithm for OFDMA systems,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE '09), pp. 766–771, May 2009.
- E. Liu and K. K. Leung, “Proportional fair scheduling: analytical insight under Rayleigh fading environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '08), pp. 1883–1888, April 2008.
- B. Sklar, “Rayleigh fading channels in mobile digital communication systems Part I: characterization,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 90–100, 1997.
- B. Sklar, “Rayleigh fading channels in mobile digital communication systems Part II: mitigation,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 148–155, 1997.
- L. C. Tran, T. A. Wysocki, A. Mertins, and J. Seberry, “A generalized algorithm for the generation of correlated Rayleigh fading envelopes in wireless channels,” Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2005, no. 5, pp. 801–815, 2005.
- P. J. Smith and M. Shafi, “On a Gaussian approximation to the capacity of wireless MIMO systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '02), pp. 406–410, May 2002.
- R. Jain, D. Chiu, and W. Hawe, “A quantitative measure of fairness and discrimination for resource allocation in shared computer systems,” DEC Report DEC-TR-301, Digital Equipment Corporation, Littleton, Mass, USA, 1984.