- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 691864, 24 pages
Task-Level Data Model for Hardware Synthesis Based on Concurrent Collections
Computer Science Department, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Received 17 October 2011; Revised 30 December 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Yuan Xie
Copyright © 2012 Jason Cong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gerstlauer, C. Haubelt, A. D. Pimentel, T. P. Stefanov, D. D. Gajski, and J. Teich, “Electronic system-level synthesis methodologies,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1517–1530, 2009.
- A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, “Quo vadis, SLD? Reasoning about the trends and challenges of system level design,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 3, Article ID 4167779, pp. 467–506, 2007.
- “An independent evaluation of the AutoESL autopilot high-level synthesis tool,” Tech. Rep., Berkeley Design Technology, 2010.
- C. A. R. Hoare, “Communicating sequential processes. Commun,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 666–677, 1978.
- E. A. Lee and T. M. Parks, “Dataflow process networks,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 773–801, 1995.
- D. Harel, “Statecharts: a visual formalism for complex systems,” Science of Computer Programming, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 231–274, 1987.
- E. A. Lee and D. G. Messerschmitt, “Synchronous data flow,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 75, no. 19, pp. 1235–1245, 1987.
- Intel—Concurrent Collections for C/C++: User’s Guide, 2010, http://software.intel.com/file/30235.
- J. Cong, G. Reinman, A. Bui, and V. Sarkar, “Customizable domain-specific computing,” IEEE Design and Test of Computers, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 6–14, 2011.
- E. A. Lee and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, “A framework for comparing models of computation,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1217–1229, 1998.
- SystemC, http://www.accellera.org/.
- BlueSpec, http://bluespec.com/.
- FDR2 User Manual, 2010, http://fsel.com/documentation/fdr2/html/fdr2manual_5.html.
- ARC CSP model checking environment, 2010, http://cs.adelaide.edu.au/~esser/arc.html.
- R. Allen, A formal approach to software architecture, Ph.D. thesis, Carnegie Mellon, School of Computer Science, 1997, Issued as CMU Technical Report CMU-CS-97-144.
- T. Murata, “Petri nets: properties, analysis and applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 541–580, 1989.
- Petri net, 2010, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petri_net.
- A. Davare, D. Densmore, T. Meyerowitz, et al., “A next-generation design framework for platform-based design,” DVCon, 2007.
- J. Buck, S. Ha, E. A. Lee, and D. G. Messerschmitt, Readings in Hardware/Software Co-Design. Ptolemy: A Framework for Simulating and Prototyping Heterogeneous Systems, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 2002.
- G. Kahn, “The semantics of a simple language for parallel programming,” in Proceedings of the IFIP Congress, J. L. Rosenfeld, Ed., North-Holland, Stockholm, Sweden, August 1974.
- H. Nikolov, M. Thompson, T. Stefanov et al., “Daedalus: toward composable multimedia MP-SoC design,” in Proceedings of the 45th Design Automation Conference (DAC '08), pp. 574–579, ACM, New York, NY, USA, June 2008.
- W. Thies, M. Karczmarek, and S. Amarasinghe, “Streamit: a language for streaming applications,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Compiler Construction (CC '02), R. Horspool, Ed., vol. 2304 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 49–84, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2002.
- M. Chiodo, P. Giusto, H. Hsieh, A. Jurecska, L. Lavagno, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, “A formal specification model for hardware/software codesign,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Hardware/Software Co-Design, 1993.
- T. Kangas, P. Kukkala, H. Orsila, et al., “UML-based multiprocessor SOC design framework,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 281–320, 2006.
- F. Balarin, M. Chiodo, and P. Giusto, Hardware-Software Co-Design of Embedded Systems: The POLIS Approach, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 1997.
- C. Park, J. Jung, and S. Ha, “Extended synchronous dataflow for efficient DSP system prototyping,” Design Automation for Embedded Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 295–322, 2002.
- S. Ha, S. Kim, C. Lee, Y. Yi, S. Kwon, and Y. P. Joo, “PeaCE: a hardware-software codesign environment for multimedia embedded systems,” ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, vol. 12, no. 3, 2007.
- K. Strehl, L. Thiele, M. Gries, D. Ziegenbein, R. Ernst, and J. Teich, “FunState—an internal design representation for codesign,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 524–544, 2001.
- K. Grüttner and W. Nebel, “Modelling program-state machines in SystemCTM,” in Proceedings of the Forum on Specification, Verification and Design Languages (FDL '08), pp. 7–12, Stuttgart, Germany, September 2008.
- R. Dömer, A. Gerstlauer, J. Peng et al., “System-on-chip environment: a SpecC-based framework for heterogeneous MPSoC design,” EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, vol. 2008, no. 1, Article ID 647953, 13 pages, 2008.
- M. Fujita and H. Nakamura, “The standard SpecC language,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on System Synthesis (ISSS '01), pp. 81–86, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- R. D. Blumofe, C. F. Joerg, B. C. Kuszmaul, C. E. Leiserson, K. H. Randall, and Y. Zhou, “Cilk: an efficient multithreaded runtime system,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, pp. 207–216, August 1995.
- Habanero-C project, 2011, https://wiki.rice.edu/confluence/display/HABANERO/Habanero-C.
- V. Cave, J. Zhao, J. Shirako, and V. Sarkar, “Habanero-Java: the new adventures of old x10,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Programming in Java (PPPJ '11), 2011.
- Intel CnC distribution, 2011, http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-concurrent-collections-for-cc/.
- Center for Customizable Domain-Specific Computing (CDSC), http://cdsc.ucla.edu/.