- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 696571, 14 pages
Evolutionary Game Theory-Based Collaborative Sensing Model in Emergency CRAHNs
Department of Information Technology, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore 560100, India
Received 16 April 2012; Revised 29 August 2012; Accepted 23 September 2012
Academic Editor: Xiao Yu (Shelley) Wang
Copyright © 2012 Sasirekha GVK and Jyotsna Bapat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Osborne, An Introduction to Game Theory, Oxford University Press, 2004.
- J. W. Weibull, Evolutionary Game Theory, MIT Press, 1998.
- S. Haykin, “Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 201–220, 2005.
- L. C. Wang and C. W. Wang, “Spectrum handoff for cognitive radio networks: reactive-sensing or proactive-sensing?” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference, (IPCCC '08), pp. 343–348, December 2008.
- K. Zeng, P. Paweczak, and D. Cabric, “Reputation-based cooperative spectrum sensing with trusted nodes assistance,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 226–228, 2010.
- M. Felegyhazi and J. P. Hubaux, “Game theory in wireless networks : a tutorial,” EPFL Technical Report, LCA-REPORT 2006-002, 2006.
- A. Ghasemi and E. S. Sousa, “Opportunistic spectrum access in fading channels through collaborative sensing,” Journal of Communications, vol. 2, no. 2, 2007.
- W. Zhang, R. K. Mallik, and K. Ben Letaief, “Optimization of cooperative spectrum sensing with energy detection in cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 5761–5766, 2009.
- W. Wangz, H. Liy, Y. Sunz, and Z. Han, “Attack-Proof Collaborative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks,” http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/.
- T. Jin, C. Chigan, and Z. Tian, “Game-theoretic distributed spectrum sharing for wireless cognitive networks with heterogeneous QoS,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '06), pp. 1–6, December 2006.
- C. Zou and C. Chigan, “A game theoretic DSA-driven MAC framework for cognitive radio networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '08), pp. 4165–4169, May 2008.
- B. Wang, K. J. R. Liu, and T. C. Clancy, “Evolutionary game framework for behavior dynamics in cooperative spectrum sensing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '08), pp. 1–5, December 2008.
- B. Wang, K. J. R. Liu, and T. C. Clancy, “Evolutionary cooperative spectrum sensing game: how to collaborate?” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 890–900, 2010.
- E. C. Y. Peh, Y. C. Liang, Y. L. Guan, and Y. Zeng, “Optimization of cooperative sensing in cognitive radio networks: a sensing-throughput tradeoff view,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 5294–5299, 2009.
- Z. Chair and P. K. Varshney, “Optimal data fusion in multiple sensor detection systems,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 98–101, 1986.
- P. K. Varshney, Distributed Detection & Data Fusion, Springer, 1997.
- H. Kim and K. G. Shin, “Efficient discovery of spectrum opportunities with MAC-layer sensing in cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 533–545, 2008.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Y. Lee, and K. R. Chowdhury, “CRAHNs: cognitive radio ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 810–836, 2009.
- “IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee, 802.22 WG on WRANs (Wireless Regional Area Networks),” http://www.ieee802.org/22/.
- N. Mansouri and M. Fathi, “Simple counting rule for optimal data fusion,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, pp. 1186–1191, June 2003.
- A. K. Singh and S. Sharma, “Lite leader finding algorithm for MANETs,” in International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC '11), pp. 125–132, July 2011.
- G. V. K. Sasirekha and J. Bapat, “Optimal number of sensors in energy efficient distributed spectrum sensing,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL '10), Rome,Italy, November 2010.
- Y. Chen, “Optimum number of secondary users in collaborative spectrum sensing considering resources usage efficiency,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 877–879, 2008.
- Z. Khan, J. Lehtomäki, K. Umebayashi, and J. Vartiainen, “On the selection of the best detection performance sensors for cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 359–362, 2010.
- C. Hauert, S. De Monte, J. Hofbauer, and K. Sigmund, “Replicator dynamics for optional public good games,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 218, no. 2, pp. 187–194, 2002.
- J. C. S. Lui, “Replicator Dynamics,” http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~cslui/.
- L. DaSilva and V. Srivastava, “Node participation in Ad-hoc and Peer-to-peer networks: a game-theoretic formulation,” in Workshop on Games and Emergent Behavior in Distributed Computing Environments, Birmingham, UK, September 2004.
- K. Woyach, P. Pyapali, and A. Sahai, “Can we incentivize sensing in a light-handed way?” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum (DySPAN '10), April 2010.
- P. Anand, A. S. Rawat, H. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “Collaborative spectrum sensing in the presence of byzantine attacks in cognitive radio networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworks (COMSNETS '10), January 2010.
- Netlogo, http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/.