- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 794106, 8 pages
Text-Dependent Writer Identification for Arabic Handwriting
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Qatar University, P.O. Box 2713, Doha, Qatar
Received 1 September 2011; Revised 7 November 2011; Accepted 28 November 2011
Academic Editor: Fouad Khelifi
Copyright © 2012 Somaya Al-Maadeed. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Jain, R. Bolle, and S. Pankanti, Eds., Biometrics. Personal Identification in Networked Society, Kluwer Academic publisher, 1999.
- A. K. Jain, L. Hong, and S. Pankanti, “Biometric identification,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 91–98, 2000.
- J. Bigun and I. Smeraldi, Eds., Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference, AVBPA, Halmstadt, Sweden, 2001.
- R. N. Morris, Forensic Handwriting Identification- Fundamental Concepts and Principles, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- J. E. Dines, Document Examiner Textbook, Pantex International, USA, 1998.
- G. R. McMenamin, Forensic Linguistics- Advances in Forensic Stylistics, CRC press, USA, 2002.
- R. A. Huber and A. M. Headrick, Handwriting Identification- Facts and Fundamentals, CRC Press, USA, 1999.
- R. Plamondon and G. Lorette, “Automatic signature verification and writer identification—the state of the art,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 107–131, 1989.
- F. Leclerc and R. Plamondon, “Automatic signature verification: the state of the art 1989–1993,” in Progress in Automatic Signature Verification, R. Plamandon, Ed., pp. 13–19, World Scientific, 1994.
- A. Bensefia, T. Paquet, and L. Heutte, “Handwritten document analysis for automatic writer recognition,” Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 72–86, 2005.
- H. E. S. Said, T. N. Tan, and K. D. Baker, “Personal identification based on handwriting,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 149–160, 2000.
- S.-H. Cha and S. Srihari, “Writer identification: statistical analysis and dichotomizer,” in SSPR and SPR 2000, F. J. Ferrie, et al., Ed., vol. 1876 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 123–132, Springer, 2000.
- S.-H. Cha and S. Srihari, “Multiple feature integration for writer verification,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, L. R. B. Schomaker and L. G. Vuurpijl, Eds., pp. 333–342, 2000.
- E. N. Zois and V. Anastassopoulos, “Morphological waveform coding for writer identification,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 385–398, 2000.
- K. Franke, L. Schomaker, L. Vuurpijl, and St. Giesler, “FISH-new: a common ground for computer based forensic writer identification,” in Proceedings of the 3rd European Academy of Forensic Science Triennial Meeting, p. 84, Istanbul, Turkey, 2003.
- S. N. Srihari, B. Zhang, C. Tomai, S.-J. Lee, Z. Shi, and Y. C. Shin, “A system for handwriting matching and recognition,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Document Image Understanding Technology (SDIUT'03), Greenbelt, Md, USA, 2003.
- K. Steinke, “Recognition of writers by handwriting images,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 14, no. 1-6, pp. 357–364, 1981.
- S. N. Srihari, S.-H. Cha, H. Arora, and S. Lee, “Individuality of handwriting,” Journal of Forensic Sciences, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1–17, 2002.
- U. V. Marti, R. Messerli, and H. Bunke, “Writer identification using text line based features,” in Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR’01), pp. 101–105, Seattle, Wash, USA, 2001.
- S. Al-Ma’adeed, D. Elliman, and C. A. Higgins, “A data base for arabic handwritten text recognition research,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (IWFHR'02), p. 485, 2002.
- M. Nixon and A. Aguado, Feature Extraction and Image Processing, UK, 2002.