- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 879626, 10 pages
Improved Algorithm for ODCT Computation of a Running Data Sequence
ECE Department, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida 201307, India
Received 23 May 2012; Revised 16 October 2012; Accepted 3 November 2012
Academic Editor: Chi Ko
Copyright © 2012 S. Akhter et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. R. Rao and P. Yip, Discrete Cosine Transform: Algorithms, Advantages, Applications, Academic Press, 1990.
- N. R. Murthy and M. N. S. Swamy, “On the computation of running discrete cosine and sine transform,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1430–1437, 1992.
- P. Yip and K. R. Rao, “On the shift property of DCT's and DST's,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 404–406, 1987.
- L. N. Wu, “Comments on 'On the shift property of DCT's and DST's,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 186–188, 1990.
- J. Xi and J. F. Chicharo, “Computing running DCT's and DST's based on their second-order shift properties,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 779–783, 2000.
- B. G. Sherlock and Y. P. Kakad, “Transform domain technique for windowing the DCT and DST,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 339, no. 1, pp. 111–120, 2002.
- B. G. Sherlock, Y. P. Kakad, and A. Shukla, “Rapid update of odd DCT and DST for real-time signal processing,” in 14th Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion, and Target Recognition, vol. 5809 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 464–471, Orlando, Fla, USA, March 2005.
- V. Karwal, B. G. Sherlock, and Y. P. Kakad, “Windowed DST-independent discrete cosine transform for shifting data,” in Proceeding of the 20th International Conference on Systems Engineering, pp. 252–257, Coventry, UK, September 2009.
- V. Karwal, Discrete cosine transform-only and discrete sine transform-only windowed update algorithms for shifting data with hardware implementation [Ph.D. thesis], University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2009.
- R. K. Chivukula and Y. A. Reznik, “Fast computing of discrete cosine and sine transforms of type VI and VII,” in 34th Applications of Digital Image Processing, vol. 8135 of Proceedings of SPIE, San Diego, Calif, USA, August 2011.