- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 938490, 9 pages
A Power-Efficient Soft-Output Detector for Spatial-Multiplexing MIMO Communications
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 14 September 2011; Accepted 17 November 2011
Academic Editor: Zhiyuan Yan
Copyright © 2012 Hsiao-Chi Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. O. Damen, H. E. Gamal, and G. Caire, “On maximum-likelihood detection and the search for the closest lattice point,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2389–2402, 2003.
- U. Fincke and M. Pohst, “Improved methods for calculating vectors of short length in a lattice, including a complexity analysis,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 463–471, 1985.
- A. Burg, M. Borgmann, M. Wenk, M. Zellweger, W. Fichtner, and H. Bölcskei, “VLSI Implementation of MIMO detection using the sphere decoding algorithm,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1566–1577, 2005.
- J. Hagenauer and P. Hoeher, “Viterbi algorithm with soft-decision outputs and its applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference & Exhibition (GLOBECOM '89), pp. 1680–1686, November 1989.
- B. M. Hochwald and S. Ten Brink, “Achieving near-capacity on a multiple-antenna channel,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 389–399, 2003.
- C. Studer, A. Burg, and H. Bölcskei, “Soft-output sphere decoding: algorithms and VLSI implementation,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 290–300, 2008.
- L. G. Barbero and J. S. Thompson, “Fixing the complexity of the sphere decoder for MIMO detection,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 6, Article ID 4543065, pp. 2131–2142, 2008.
- L. G. Barbero, T. Ratnarajah, and C. Cowan, “A low-complexity soft-MIMO detector based on the fixed-complexity sphere decoder,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '08), pp. 2669–2672, April 2008.
- C. P. Schnorr and M. Euchner, “Lattice basis reduction: improved practical algorithms and solving subset sum problems,” Mathematical Programming, Series B, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 181–199, 1994.
- D. Wübben, R. Böhnke, J. Rinas, V. Kühn, and K. D. Kammeyer, “Efficient algorithm for decoding layered space-time codes,” Electronics Letters, vol. 37, no. 22, pp. 1348–1350, 2001.
- C. Hess, M. Wenk, A. Burg et al., “Reduced-complexity mimo detector with close-to ml error rate performance,” in Proceedings of the 17th Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI '07), pp. 200–203, March 2007.
- L. R. Bahl, J. Cocke, F. Jelinek, and J. Raviv, “Optimal decoding of linear codes for minimizing symbol error rate,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 284–287, 1974.
- M. Horowitz, E. Alon, D. Patil, S. Naffziger, R. Kumar, and K. Bernstein, “Scaling, power, and the future of CMOS,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '05), pp. 9–15, December 2005.
- T. D. Burd, T. A. Pering, A. J. Stratakos, and R. W. Brodersen, “Dynamic voltage scaled microprocessor system,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1571–1580, 2000.
- D. Ernst, N. S. Kim, S. Das et al., “Razor: a low-power pipeline based on circuit-level timing speculation,” in Proceedings of the 36th Annual International Symposium on Microarchitecture, pp. 7–18, 2003.
- S. Das, D. Roberts, S. Lee et al., “A self-tuning DVS processor using delay-error detection and correction,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 792–804, 2006.
- Z. Guo and P. Nilsson, “Algorithm and implementation of the K-best Sphere decoding for MIMO detection,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 491–503, 2006.
- C. H. Liao, T. P. Wang, and T. D. Chiueh, “A 74.8 mW soft-output detector IC for 8 × 8 spatial-multiplexing MIMO communications,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 45, no. 2, Article ID 5405138, pp. 411–421, 2010.